+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

bharatvarma

Sep 15, 2023
Hello all, I saw an update on the tracker as of Jan 13th with LPP marked complete on my profile(and my wife’s) but my minor child’s status is still shown as in progress. Is this common? Also, does anyone know how long does it take for communication on oath after LPP?

AOR - March 21
Test taken - June 30

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hello all, I saw an update on the tracker as of Jan 13th with LPP marked complete on my profile(and my wife’s) but my minor child’s status is still shown as in progress. Is this common? Also, does anyone know how long does it take for communication on oath after LPP?

AOR - March 21
Test taken - June 30
Congratulations.
It's Normal ,Minors status stay in progress.
However, he will get the Oath invitation with you, you shouldn't worry at all.
Oath invitation usually takes between 1 to 3 weeks, depends on ur office.
Relax and wait for it!

donsyete

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-22-2019
AOR Received.
05-22-2019
IELTS Request
03-31-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Passport Req..
22-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2019
LANDED..........
29-01-2020
Hi all,

I received Oath update on Jan 17 (updated on tracker on Jan 19).
My wife and I are now schedule for Oath taking ceremony on Jan 29, 2024.

Thank you!

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Congratulations Dear.
U mentioned that ur oath is scheduled for January 30. I received an email today with a pdf mentioning a link and an invitation code. I have not registered on that link with that invitation code yet, as I have booked flights for February 4th for India.

Kindly answer the following if possible:
1. Do we get the OATH date after we register on that link with that code?

2. After registering, is the Oath date automatically assigned to us or do we have an option to choose? If we have option to choose then can we choose after 2/3 months?

3. Do we receive an update on the portal about the oath date or do we get an email? My portal says LPP completed on January 13 and nothing else and today (January 17) I received email with the pdf only. There is no date or other information mentioned on it.

2. Is there any validity time period to register with the link and invitation code? If not, then in that case I am planning to register in first week of March when I am back.

Kindly advice. Thank you.

Hello, sorry for the delayed response as I was also figuring things out too. I guess it happens differently for everyone; however, I'll tailor my reply based on my experience.

1. For me, I got my oath date the same time my LPP was completed - this was before I received the email instructions on downloading my E-certificate

2. As I mentioned above, my oath date was noted on my tracker before I registered on the link on how to download my E-certificate. Further, today - 22nd of January, I received another email regarding my oath ceremony including details for the Zoom link, oath date confirmation and so forth.

3. My tracker was updated first with my oath date, then about a week later, I received an oath ceremony email confirming the date noted on my tracker.

4. According to the email, it depends on your oath ceremony date. If you receive a date and you won't be available, then let them know with a valid reason, so it can be rescheduled. It sounds like you have not received an oath date yet. The instructions of registering on the link is just so you can be able to download your E-certificate after the oath ceremony. This download will be available approximately 2-5 days after the ceremony. So, it all depends on your oath ceremony date.

Reactions: Gurikem

Sreecan

Nov 1, 2018
Application received on 21-mar-2023 and citizenship test updated on 26-june-2023.Gave my fingerprint in may. Background verification is still in progress.

Is this timeline normal for background verification.

Paper application from mississauga for family

donsyete

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-22-2019
AOR Received.
05-22-2019
IELTS Request
03-31-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Passport Req..
22-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2019
LANDED..........
29-01-2020
Hi all,

I requested to reschedule my oath from (Virtual) Jan 29 to an in-person oath. Vancouver office responded same day on Jan 23 that they have cancelled my old oath date and queued my request for new date. Today, I got ghost update on my tracker but still reflects the old oath date of Jan 29.

Did anyone get any ghost update today as well? Just checking is this a system wide update or wondering whether this could be related to the cancellation of old date or potential update to new date? IF anyone can give an idea or let us know about any rescheduling type ghost update, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you and Good luck to everyone!

jobishis

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Application received on 21-mar-2023 and citizenship test updated on 26-june-2023.Gave my fingerprint in may. Background verification is still in progress.

Is this timeline normal for background verification.

Paper application from mississauga for family
May AOR
Test completed July 17
No updates after that