+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Aug 18, 2013
Hello everyone,
In March 2023 I applied for my citizenship and got a received confirmation email a couple days after the application. A couple weeks after I received another email with an attachment acknowledging the receipt of my application. I haven't received or heard from them since March 17 until last Thursday. I received a call from a no caller ID which made me a bit nervous. The lady told me she's calling from IRCC to let me know they have invited for the citizenship test a couple times already but they haven't received any response yet and this is a last call. So I asked her to confirm the email on file and she did but missed a couple numbers. I was confused and thought I might have typed it wrong during the application and did the correction. She told me to expect another email in 21 days for another invite and I hanged up.
After the call, I think it was a scam call because I'd receive couple emails from them in March so I don't understand why the invitation was sent to a wrong email address.
Please share your experience with me and advise me accordingly. Thank you all in advance ☺
Did you get the test invite.. I am in the same boat.. No response after AOR on Sept 2023. Still waiting for test invite

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Now that I'm in the "waiting stage" for the Oath ceremony, I thought I should also share my timeline:

Physical presence: 1630
Method: Online
Applicant: Single
Application sent: March 6, 2023
App delivered: March 6, 2023
AOR: March 22, 2023
Test invitation window: May 15 - June 4, 2023
Test taken: May 16 with a 20/20 score
Wow, it's been long I posted an update!!. However, I come today bearing good news!! .

My LPP finally got completed on Jan 9th (update on tracker -Jan 13th)
Citizenship oath scheduled on Jan 30th 2024.

It's been a long time coming as my last update was after 'Test completed' on May 19th 2023. I actually stopped checking the tracker because it was just disappointment I saw every time I logged in

I checked this forum some minutes ago, and saw recent posts in this March 2023 thread - a thread that has been quite dry for some weeks. Convinced myself to just check my tracker when I saw the updates from others and Ta-da, my tracker was updated on January 13th!

I anticipate more updates for the few still waiting, and soon this thread can permanently be dry when we all receive our oath confirmation

P.S: I requested for my GCMS notes on December 28th 2023. I haven't received it yet; no idea if it had any bearing on my application update.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Wow, it's been long I posted an update!!. However, I come today bearing good news!! .

It's been a long time coming as my last update was after 'Test completed' on May 19th 2023. I actually stopped checking the tracker because it was just disappointment I saw every time I logged in

I checked this forum some minutes ago, and saw recent posts in this March 2023 thread - a thread that has been quite dry for some weeks. Convinced myself to just check my tracker when I saw the updates from others and Ta-da, my tracker was updated on January 13th!

I anticipate more updates for the few still waiting, and soon this thread can permanently be dry when we all receive our oath confirmation

P.S: I requested for my GCMS notes on December 28th 2023. I haven't received it yet; no idea if it had any bearing on my application update.
Congratulations
Are you PR from protected person status?

donsyete

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-22-2019
AOR Received.
05-22-2019
IELTS Request
03-31-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Passport Req..
22-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2019
LANDED..........
29-01-2020
Hi everyone,

I finally got update for my and my wife's application. I was just asking everyone last week and when I checked this morning LPP is now completed and updated Jan 13.

Anyone has idea on how many days we would normally get Oath invite after this update? Just trying to manage my expectation so I dont get too excited.

I wish everyone good luck on their files. Hope everyone else from our batch would get their updates and oath invite this month (for those who are still waiting like us).

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Congratulations to all March recent LPP completed applicants,
I'm so Happy to see March
applications moving and getting LPP completed...,
I hope that our LPP day is coming soon( for those that we still in LPP March waiting list).

Stay optimistic, good news are in the way
Best of luck all!

Gurikem

Nov 29, 2018

Congratulations Dear.
U mentioned that ur oath is scheduled for January 30. I received an email today with a pdf mentioning a link and an invitation code. I have not registered on that link with that invitation code yet, as I have booked flights for February 4th for India.

Kindly answer the following if possible:
1. Do we get the OATH date after we register on that link with that code?

2. After registering, is the Oath date automatically assigned to us or do we have an option to choose? If we have option to choose then can we choose after 2/3 months?

3. Do we receive an update on the portal about the oath date or do we get an email? My portal says LPP completed on January 13 and nothing else and today (January 17) I received email with the pdf only. There is no date or other information mentioned on it.

2. Is there any validity time period to register with the link and invitation code? If not, then in that case I am planning to register in first week of March when I am back.

Kindly advice. Thank you.

donsyete

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-22-2019
AOR Received.
05-22-2019
IELTS Request
03-31-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Passport Req..
22-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2019
LANDED..........
29-01-2020
Great!!! Looks like we are pretty much in the same timeline. I completed my test on June 3 and also got LPP completed only Jan 11.
Feel free to share any update regarding oath invite. Good luck!!!

Finally, LPP completed on 8th January. Sydney office.

Before this, my last update was test completed on 6th June.

Reactions: april2014_AINP

donsyete

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-22-2019
AOR Received.
05-22-2019
IELTS Request
03-31-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Passport Req..
22-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2019
LANDED..........
29-01-2020
Hi everyone,

I got new update today after last weeks LPP completed (Jan 11, updated on tracker on Jan 13). Today I received email for both me and my wife regarding instruction letter to download e-cert. I still do not have any oath letter and my tracker still shows oath not started. Is this normal? In case it is, how long usually would I get oath letter after this kind of update?

Thank you in advance.

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
I checked my tracker today.
I got a Ghost update January18,2024, but no any new changes ( LPP still in progress since July11,2023, and had virtual interview August03,2023).
I hope that this is a good sign .
Anybody experience this in his tracker?
Please share it here.