+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
My relatives have applied in March. Citizenship test completed for both husband and wife. Fingerprints done for both. Everything passed for wife but for husband even though fingerprints received were in July, background check and prohibitions are still in progress.
For fingerprints it shows "We received your fingerprint information on July xx, 2023 and will review them shortly. Thank you! "
there is no progress after that.
Is there someone on the same boat?

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
My relatives have applied in March. Citizenship test completed for both husband and wife. Fingerprints done for both. Everything passed for wife but for husband even though fingerprints received were in July, background check and prohibitions are still in progress.
For fingerprints it shows "We received your fingerprint information on July xx, 2023 and will review them shortly. Thank you! "
there is no progress after that.
Is there someone on the same boat?
I am in the same boat. No updates since Mid May. I'm giving it another month.

Reactions: zi2010

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi, I have recently received fingerprint request. so can we do it through RCMP directly or it has to be from RCMP third party
company.
If we can do it directly can someone share experience where in GTA we can do it and what is the process? can we do it directly
or any appointment required.

Also if we go to the third party then they will send finger print scan to RCMP and then RCMP will send it to IRCC as per my understanding. ( RCMP should not be sending the paper to me as if i recall during my PR I got my finger print report to home address and then I uploaded using webform, but here I think it should go directly to the processing office, please correct me )
but we have total of 30 days for fingerprint to complete, so there is delay in their side how it's going to be handled.
Please share any quick process for this to help here.

lafadeedo

Aug 15, 2023
Its now been almost 4 months for me since completing the test, and still no LPP.
I applied in March.

Anyone in the same boat or everyone who applied in March got their LPP already?

Reactions: Mahajan.tanu

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Hi, I have recently received fingerprint request. so can we do it through RCMP directly or it has to be from RCMP third party
company.
If we can do it directly can someone share experience where in GTA we can do it and what is the process? can we do it directly
or any appointment required.

Also if we go to the third party then they will send finger print scan to RCMP and then RCMP will send it to IRCC as per my understanding. ( RCMP should not be sending the paper to me as if i recall during my PR I got my finger print report to home address and then I uploaded using webform, but here I think it should go directly to the processing office, please correct me )
but we have total of 30 days for fingerprint to complete, so there is delay in their side how it's going to be handled.
Please share any quick process for this to help here.
Third party is fine very fast I did it here they are the best … call them and book appointment
Canadian Fingerprinting Services Inc.
(416) 901-5608
https://g.co/kgs/L1uzNX

Reactions: Zay11

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Its now been almost 4 months for me since completing the test, and still no LPP.
I applied in March.

Same boat completed test and BG in Mid July after that no updates

Steven1977

Jul 12, 2023
Type: Online
Existence: 1264
Single Adult Application
Applications sent: March 28, 2023
Application due: March 28, 2023
AOR: April 14, 2023
In progress: April 18, 2023
Background completed: May 26, 2023
Test Invitation: May 29, 2023
Testing window: June 5 to June 25, 2023
Test completion: June 10, 2023
Test update: in progress

Language: in progress
Physical presence: in progress
Ban: in progress
Oath: not started

Since submitting the test on June 10, 2023, there has been no update since the test was updated to be in progress on June 22. I don’t know if it’s because my test score just passed.:)
Retest : Sep 21, 2023
Ttest status updated to Completed: Sep 23,2023
LPP: Sep27,2023
Oath Invitation: Sep28, 2023
Ceremony: October 5, 2023

Thanks to everyone and good luck to everyone.

Reactions: RedWhiteRed

yvreats

Apr 28, 2023
Same boat completed test and BG in Mid July after that no updates
I applied in March.

my test was marked completed June 21st and no update since then. I think that’s a trend across Vancouver applicants

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
UPDATE

Citizenship Application is now Closed - Took exactly 7 months right from mailing the application on March 6th, 2023 to receiving the eCertificate and closure of the application on October 6th, 2023.

The main processing office was Hamilton and the Secondary Office was Niagara (got the Test Invite and Oath from Niagara).

Whole timeline in my signature.

Good Luck to everyone! I hope and pray that your applications are completed soon!

Now, I am off to the Indian Passport Surrender and Indian OCI Threads (that is another mountain to climb).

Dreamer06

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi guys I received email for oath upcoming in 3 days but no e certificate download instructions yet. When does that come?