+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hello,

I got an update today throught the MP office that my application was marked non-routine on Sep 5th and the officer notes are non discolsable. is there any way I can find out why my application was marked non-routine. any special GCMS request that I have to make? Thank you. FYI, I submitted an urgent processing request on July 25th and I got no response and then I submit a second urgent processing request through the MP office and they told that it got assigned to an officer on August 28. My application was pending LPP in Scarborough office
Did the MP office do anything? If they did, was it helpful?

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Did the MP office do anything? If they did, was it helpful?
The MP office just resubmitted my urgent request again. then the sent me an update that an officer got assigned to my urgent processing request but right after that my application got marked as non-routine for verifying application (not sure what they are verifying after background and security passed). They didn't ask me anything about my residency or anything just quite

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
The MP office just resubmitted my urgent request again. then the sent me an update that an officer got assigned to my urgent processing request but right after that my application got marked as non-routine for verifying application (not sure what they are verifying after background and security passed). They didn't ask me anything about my residency or anything just quite
Keep us posted, I hope it goes well.

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
Just an update.

On July 17, 2023 my LPP was marked complete, however my ECAS was still showing "in process" for exactly 2 months straight and not the usual Decision Made accompanying LPP. After calling numerous times, I heard that even though my section was completed my daughter's parentage verification was still in process and I am not in queue for Oath

After checking ECAS Daily and still seeing it "in process", today it now shows the infamous Decision Made :) I'm happy

I think the ATIP note that I requested on Sept 9th and the fact that I had to upload both parents' Gov ID, her birth paper, and we both had to complete and sign the minor consent form, triggered this DECISION MADE because it just changed exactly 1 week after submitting the request with those documents.

I can now relax comfortably to know that I will be sent in the queue now for OATH. (
Mississauga Office)

Almo71

Jun 27, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a question that I don't have a definite answer for, and I'm hoping you can help me out.

I am applying online for Canadian citizenship, and it only requires me to upload the bio page of the passport. However, I've noticed that many people also translate all stamps and seals that are not in English or French in their passport upload scanned copies of all the passport pages in the additional documents section of the application.

I'm a bit confused because some people do it, and some don't.

Since the online application only needs the bio page. what would you recommend?

Thanks.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a question that I don't have a definite answer for, and I'm hoping you can help me out.

I am applying online for Canadian citizenship, and it only requires me to upload the bio page of the passport. However, I've noticed that many people also translate all stamps and seals that are not in English or French in their passport upload scanned copies of all the passport pages in the additional documents section of the application.

I'm a bit confused because some people do it, and some don't.

Since the online application only needs the bio page. what would you recommend?

Thanks.
Some people later are being asked for all pages for passport later by IRCC. Seeing that many people have proactively started uploading all pages initially as part of the application. It's a choice you have to make.

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Just an update.

On July 17, 2023 my LPP was marked complete, however my ECAS was still showing "in process" for exactly 2 months straight and not the usual Decision Made accompanying LPP. After calling numerous times, I heard that even though my section was completed my daughter's parentage verification was still in process and I am not in queue for Oath

After checking ECAS Daily and still seeing it "in process", today it now shows the infamous Decision Made :) I'm happy

I think the ATIP note that I requested on Sept 9th and the fact that I had to upload both parents' Gov ID, her birth paper, and we both had to complete and sign the minor consent form, triggered this DECISION MADE because it just changed exactly 1 week after submitting the request with those documents.

I can now relax comfortably to know that I will be sent in the queue now for OATH. (
Mississauga Office)
Hey!! Hey!! Hey!! - Here comes the Oath Invite in sometime! Happy to see that the patience paid off!

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
Hey!! Hey!! Hey!! - Here comes the Oath Invite in sometime! Happy to see that the patience paid off!
Thank you very much. I wm hoping the OATH comes shortly

Reactions: kadir.ayubi

DanaF

Mar 12, 2018
Strange issue. On Sep 5, I got an update on my account that my oath had been scheduled for October 4. On Sep 14, it has now updated to October 12 instead. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone else?

I also have a trip planned around Oct 21 and will require my canadian passport to travel. I opted for e-certificate and will apply for urgent processing, will this be enough time? Is it possible for the date to shift again?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Strange issue. On Sep 5, I got an update on my account that my oath had been scheduled for October 4. On Sep 14, it has now updated to October 12 instead. Should I be worried? Has this happened to anyone else?

I also have a trip planned around Oct 21 and will require my canadian passport to travel. I opted for e-certificate and will apply for urgent processing, will this be enough time? Is it possible for the date to shift again?
You can call IRCC and check what's the actual date. Also email is important. The date on the email is the date of oath if you don't explicitly get cancellation for it. You can get urgent/express passport with your tickets. Rescheduling has happened many times before.

Sep 18, 2023
I have applied for Citizenship application in March. I got my AOR on March 26th and Last updated date on my application is March31st. there is no update after that. I have applied online. Any suggestions.
I have sent a webform for enquiry. 3 weeks back got a reply saying that it will be forwarded to my case officer. No update on my application after that too.