+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I checked several times today for the eCertificate, but it wasn't there. Just checked again at 4:00 PM and hooray!!! It's there. Downloaded and ready to apply for Passport.

I will keep y'all posted in here on the Passport application progress. However, the Citizenship journey is now officially over.

PS - If there is a better group that you know of for me to post First Time Passport Application Progress, please share.

Thanks to all of you in this group during this journey.
I also got my e-certificate today by God's grace!

• Love
Reactions: TriniKRN

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Yes I have come to understand that.

What I'm still trying to find out is the longest wait time someone who applied in March, did the Test already and STILL haven't got an update on LPP yet.

I'm at 72 days.
Priscabowman seems to be at 94 days since test done and still no LPP.

Anybody longer than that?

I have been waiting for 102 days since I have taken the test. I sent them a web form and they gave me a very generic answer.

Dreamer06

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
I have been waiting for 102 days since I have taken the test. I sent them a web form and they gave me a very generic answer.
Its been 3.5 months for me too since last update was test completed and LPP hasnt turned green yet. My AOR was Mid March.

I need to travel asap and feel so anxious and desperate sometimes ....trying to stay patient as many people are waiting even from last year.

Can we even send them a webform since its very well within the normal processing time? Scarborough office

micrarach

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

I received my instructions/invitation for taking the Oath on 7th September today, and I responded to the email informing them that I will be away and cannot attend.

I provided the date I leave and the date I return, and attached my travel itinerary. I also informed them of one other date I am unavailable due to a professional qualification exam so that date could be avoided.

They have replied confirming that I am cancelled for the Oath on September 7th, and rescheduled for the Oath on September 26th.

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hi there,
I had my interview with official Aug03,2023
It was like 15 minutes , she asked some questions about R u in Canada now , ur job , checked for sure 2 of my IDs , original copy of passports,
The officer was so nice in general.,any way at the end of the interview, she told me that I should wait for the decision in the next 3 to 4 weeks ,and I have to keep checking my email for that , she also mention that the oath ceremony may happen in 2 to 4 months from interview date.

Here is my processing time line:
I'm from NS, processing center is Montreal
* Applied:March15,2023
* Online application
* AOR March30,2023
* Processing Begun March30,2023
* May11, CITIZENSHIP TEST CHANGE TO PROCESSING
* Test invitation: May19,2023
* Test done, May26,2023
* Test changed to completed May30,2023
* BG changed to processing:May19,2023
* Fingerprint asked :May19,2023
* Finger print done May24,
* Finger print shows completed , July11,2023
* interview required,July11,2023
Interview scheduled Date August 03,2023 ( done).
* PPL : all in processing from almost 3 months
* Cermony : didnt started yet.
when and what shall I expected next update?
Anyt8me line after the Interview!

lafadeedo

Aug 15, 2023
oh dear , u crossed a 100 days!
It's really strange how some applicants have their LPP turn green just 5 or 10 days after taking the test, while others DRAG for weeks and months.
I could not identify a reason it's just so random.

There are people still waiting from last year too??? whaaaaattt...

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
My oath ceremony was scheduled today, three weeks after LPP. So happy! The wait between my background and test invite felt really long, but I got LPP super quick after my test, so it all evened out in the end.

Applied online: March 22
AOR: April 3
Background complete: May 15
Test invite: July 26
Test complete: July 28
LPP: August 9
Oath scheduled: August 29
Oath ceremony: September 20

kadir.ayubi

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
My oath ceremony was scheduled today, three weeks after LPP. So happy! The wait between my background and test invite felt really long, but I got LPP super quick after my test, so it all evened out in the end.

Applied online: March 22
AOR: April 3
Background complete: May 15
Test invite: July 26
Test complete: July 28
LPP: August 9
Oath scheduled: August 29
Oath ceremony: September 20
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing which is your processing office?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I'm also at a 106 days. It's a very straightforward application. No travel after PR, same job since 2019, two address changes in the same province in the whole 5 year period, filed taxes every year, IDK what they're doing tbh. Maybe the officer working on my case is laid off or on maternity leave, who knows.

lafadeedo

Aug 15, 2023
I'm also at a 106 days. It's a very straightforward application. No travel after PR, same job since 2019, two address changes in the same province in the whole 5 year period, filed taxes every year, IDK what they're doing tbh. Maybe the officer working on my case is laid off or on maternity leave, who knows.
me 78 days and counting.
you're the 3rd person I hear of who's over 100 days now since the test and still no LPP.

Let's hope u guys get it before breaking the February record at 133 days

Anyone else applied in March, done test and still no LPP for over 70 days?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
me 78 days and counting.
you're the 3rd person I hear of who's over 100 days now since the test and still no LPP.

Let's hope u guys get it before breaking the February record at 133 days

Anyone else applied in March, done test and still no LPP for over 70 days?
For my partner , AOR March, 95 days today since test passed updated in tracker

• Sad
Reactions: lafadeedo