+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
You'd probably be better off waiting til you get back - they make you cut up your PR card when you do the oath, and then you need your Canadian passport in order to travel to Canada, so you'd need to get your passport before you leave as well.
Thanks Kamillie. I totally forgot about that!!!
I'll just postpone my oath in this case.

Reactions: kmillie

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Anyone here from Vancouver who have received their Citizenship Certificate? How long did it take to receive it after your ceremony & oath affirmation submission on an average?

RedWhiteRed

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
Thank you. I saw in the tracker my oath is scheduled for the 24 Jul but Im not sure when I will receive the official invitation by email
It depends on the ceremony office. I got the email 11 days after tracker update (Scarborough office).

You should expect to get it by the 18th (6 days before your scheduled oath date).

Reactions: Baobaochlos

masud7151

Jul 1, 2019
Hello, I completed my test on 21 June, 23 till now my citizenship test is in progress. my secondary is Ottawa. I got a test invite from the Ottawa office. please share any experience with the Ottawa office.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello, I completed my test on 21 June, 23 till now my citizenship test is in progress. my secondary is Ottawa. I got a test invite from the Ottawa office. please share any experience with the Ottawa office.
You should reply to the same oath email and ask for an update. Ottawa is the slowest office, so have a lot of patience.

Reactions: masud7151