+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

fahad khan

Jul 25, 2012
I had my citizenship test cleared on 1st july but not updated yet. I am currently outside canada visiting my mother. She has blood cancer. I am in no rush to get the citizenship right now(don’t want to return for the ceremony before next year).
Can i ask them to put my application on hold if i were to be invited for Oath?

Reactions: Kayne

amco

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I had my citizenship test cleared on 1st july but not updated yet. I am currently outside canada visiting my mother. She has blood cancer. I am in no rush to get the citizenship right now(don’t want to return for the ceremony before next year).
So sorry to hear that. Hopefully they can put your application on hold.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Yes. I believe so. When they invite you, you should reply to the email letting them know you are away as a result of your moms health. Ideally they will ask you to let them know when you get back. Sorry about your mom's health.

Reactions: fahad khan

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
So sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best of luck. Hopefully they can put your application on hold.

Reactions: fahad khan

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
I have the same test window but haven't gotten an invite either despite all 3 applicants in my family getting AOR by email with no problem. I'm giving it a few days before worrying since it's a holiday weekend and our 6 days before was Canada Day (then a Sunday, now the stat holiday). Let's hope it comes through tomorrow!
I can confirm that I have received my test invite via email this morning! Hoping that you and others received their invites as well.

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Hi all received my citizenship test email. Window is 6-27 July.
Can I take the test after 5pm like when I come back from work. ??

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Hi highly appreciate the three courteous persons above.

Reactions: TriniKRN

himanimehta

Nov 8, 2019
Hello all,

I completed 3 years here on PR and am about to apply for my citizenship. I'm stuck at the Language requirement point; I was sponsored by my husband so i had not taken IELTS nor did I study here. Can anyone suggest what can i show as proof of English language?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Himani

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all,

I completed 3 years here on PR and am about to apply for my citizenship. I'm stuck at the Language requirement point; I was sponsored by my husband so i had not taken IELTS nor did I study here. Can anyone suggest what can i show as proof of English language?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Himani
Transcripts plus letter from your university confirming the mode of instruction was in English. Else you can give ielts or any other accepted test

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello all,

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Himani
requirement?
You can send us one of a number of different documents to show that you meet the language requirement, including:
For information on other forms of proof accepted, see:
You need to reach level 4 or higher to apply for citizenship. We use your documents to determine if you have reached this level for speaking and listening in English or French.
We will review the language proof you send us. We won’t process your application and will return it to you if your proof:
  • can’t be read
  • can’t be verified
  • isn’t included with the application
  • is in a language other than English or French (without a certified translation)