FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Hey quick question, I saw my tracker updated on 27june and it stated CITIZEN TEST Updated. Test window 6july to 27 July and will send you email.
But no email received till now.
Does the email comes with delay?? When will I get it on 4th July due to long weekend ??

• Haha
Reactions: RandomUser514

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hey you got fingerprints invitation on June 9 and Test invitation also on June 9? When you say fingerprints - June 13, 2023. What do you mean>?
Sorry for confusion. On June 13th went to an agency, they collected my fingerprints and sent it.
And yeap, I had both invitations on the same day.

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
My tracker now says test invite in progress and my window is July 7 - 27. However, I didn't actually receive my test invite in my email. Is my only option to call IRCC or the webform? They are impossible to get through to on the phone or take forever to respond to the webforms.

Last edited:

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
My tracker now says test invite in progress and my window is July 7 - 27. However, I didn't actually receive my test invite in my email. Is my only option to call IRCC? They are impossible to get through to on the phone.
On everybody's tracker, it literally says this boldly
"If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you."
"

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
On everybody's tracker, it literally says this boldly
"If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you."
"
Today is July 03, 2023 and my test window starts on July 07, 2023. So, that is less than six calendar days. I have never been able to get through to IRCC via phone and my webforms have not been responded to. Therefore my question is appropriate. What happens if my webform is not responded to and I don't receive my test invite on time? And before you say it, I have read the threads concerns taking the test without an invite and have also read that some test takers were asked to take the test again when they did this (could be here say, not sure how credible that claim is).

Your response to me is not helpful and I am curious as to why you think it is appropriate or required for you to respond to me this way? As you can see, I have done all of my reading and am simply being proactive in determining what my course of action will be in the event of any given worst case scenario, thereby ensuring that I am prepared for it.

pravin16

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
kathmandu
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 june and 17 june 2014
Hello Guys, Any info would help. We applied Citizenship in Jan 08, IRCC returned for incomplete doc for my daughter ID and resent in March 15. After AOR we were planning to renew our old passport as it has expired. We thought it will take around 12 to 18 months and have to leave Canada before that for couple of months. But now it seems processing has been super fast. Received test dates on June 16 completed it on June 20, June 23 test completed and All status has been updated as completed on June 28. Now the question is does it even say decision made? If I renew my passport it will take around 40 to 45 days and have to spend more than 1000 of dollars for renew and travel and stay. If someone can say how much more time it might take to receive oath ceremony invitation and have passport in hand?
Thank you..

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
My tracker now says test invite in progress and my window is July 7 - 27. However, I didn't actually receive my test invite in my email. Is my only option to call IRCC or the webform? They are impossible to get through to on the phone or take forever to respond to the webforms.
I have the same test window but haven't gotten an invite either despite all 3 applicants in my family getting AOR by email with no problem. I'm giving it a few days before worrying since it's a holiday weekend and our 6 days before was Canada Day (then a Sunday, now the stat holiday). Let's hope it comes through tomorrow!

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
I have the same test window but haven't gotten an invite either despite all 3 applicants in my family getting AOR by email with no problem. I'm giving it a few days before worrying since it's a holiday weekend and our 6 days before was Canada Day (then a Sunday, now the stat holiday). Let's hope it comes through tomorrow!
I got mine only like 3 days before the test. Your reasoning is valid with the holiday and weekend. Perhaps it'll show up first thing tomorrow.

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
I got mine only like 3 days before the test. Your reasoning is valid with the holiday and weekend. Perhaps it'll show up first thing tomorrow.
Thank you for that feedback.

I just reviewed your signature, they reviewed your application really fast. Good for you! Hope that happens to the rest of us as well!

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Several forum posters have stated that proceeding with the test without an invite is acceptable. However, that is contrary to IRCC instructions. How can we be sure that proceeding without an invite won't cause complications for our applications down the road? Would love to have someone who has actually proceeded with the test without an invite share their experience. I am still hoping I get my invite soon, however, answers to these questions would be helpful for relevant people to make a rational assessment of the risk involved in proceeding this way.

I would like to add that a champion member informed me via DM that, "During my time(2022) the test on tracker used to reflect 2-3 weeks before the test and then closer to test date the invite would show up in the email. But nowadays it reflects on tracker very close to the test date and email doesn't even show up before the test window starts. You can wait for the email till the day you want to give the test. Also try calling and raising webform. But still if it doesn't show up giving the test is the better option as it is not an applicatant specific link and the test email if an info only email unlike oath email."

Furthermore, doesn't seem like you have any experience related to the citizenship test as you are not required to take one. In light of this, why are you mucking about sharing your two cents on this topic? You are not an expert, nor do you have relevant experience. Focus on working those 80 hours instead!

I must say, unlike the person above, I have come across several helpful and compassionate people on this forum and I am very grateful for their feedback. Thank you so much, you make all of our lives that little bit better.

Last edited:

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Today is July 03, 2023 and my test window starts on July 07, 2023. So, that is less than six calendar days. I have never been able to get through to IRCC via phone and my webforms have not been responded to. Therefore my question is appropriate. What happens if my webform is not responded to and I don't receive my test invite on time? And before you say it, I have read the threads concerns taking the test without an invite and have also read that some test takers were asked to take the test again when they did this (could be here say, not sure how credible that claim is).

Your response to me is not helpful and I am curious as to why you think it is appropriate or required for you to respond to me this way? As you can see, I have done all of my reading and am simply being proactive in determining what my course of action will be in the event of any given worst case scenario, thereby ensuring that I am prepared for it.
1st of all, i am actually against people that leave derogatory responses that does not help. Secondly, My main response to you was a one line emphasizing the very obvious information. And in response to you saying you are aware of the information and you are within the 6 days mark, how then was your question if your ONLY option is to call IRCC and stating they are hard to get a hold of on the phone? That wasn't the instruction there. Plus you didn't state that you had tried the webform as they instructed. Not my fault.
Also, people on this thread have said they took the test without the email and someone also confirmed to have been told the same by IRCC when they called.
Anyways, to answer your question, from what I have seen here, the test email is a generic email and the system will not allow you take the test if you have not been scheduled and if it is before or after your test window. So I guess you can go ahead and take the test since you have been scheduled. Alternatively, it's advised to call IRCC as early as 8am to get through. I always get through. Finally, there was a test email address shared here recently that you can try to contact them through. You can use the search button to find it but if I come across it again, I'll share with you.
Goodluck.

Reactions: yyzstudent

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hey quick question, I saw my tracker updated on 27june and it stated CITIZEN TEST Updated. Test window 6july to 27 July and will send you email.
But no email received till now.
Does the email comes with delay?? When will I get it on 4th July due to long weekend ??
I dont know what the deal with everyone being mean for no reason. I received mine 3 days before test period started. Hopefully you received it by now, if you havent call IRCC first thing in the morning