Sep 2, 2020
Hello,

Paper application, delivered March 28
AOR, may 11
Background complete, June 8
Test updated to in progress June 19
Test invite email June 21st,

test opening June 23-July13

the rest in progress ..oath not started.

after successfully completing test, does anybody know how long is taking to recieve oath letter ?

thanks

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hello,

Paper application, delivered March 28
AOR, may 11
Background complete, June 8
Test updated to in progress June 19
Test invite email June 21st,

test opening June 23-July13

the rest in progress ..oath not started.

after successfully completing test, does anybody know how long is taking to recieve oath letter ?

thanks
Here. I looked it up for you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html#date

Reactions: amco

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
For those who have already received the oath invite letter - What time were you'll scheduled for? I have my oath date on my tracker, but still waiting for the invite via email for details. Just want to know approximately what time the ceremony is being scheduled for and how long?

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
For those who have already received the oath invite letter - What time were you'll scheduled for? I have my oath date on my tracker, but still waiting for the invite via email for details. Just want to know approximately what time the ceremony is being scheduled for and how long?
I see updates for Oath on my tracker too. The Oath scheduled for mid next month but haven't received the invite.

It seems like it could take anywhere from 2-3 hours per other posts in the forum. Don't know when the ceremony will start though.

JonandAshley

Oct 29, 2019
Hi admin please update excel:
Tracker has updated status - Oath Ceremony (In Progress): Scheduled on July 13th
Oath date reflects on tracker, still waiting for email.

Reactions: RedWhiteRed

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I see updates for Oath on my tracker too. The Oath scheduled for mid next month but haven't received the invite.

It seems like it could take anywhere from 2-3 hours per other posts in the forum. Don't know when the ceremony will start though.
If you haven’t received it within 6 days PRIOR to your date (example date July 15, not received instructions by July 9) that’s when you contact the office for information.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
It can take days and weeks before you receive instructions. Usually about a week before the date.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone..Could you help me with following questions:
1. For this question "Does the minor currently, or have they ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes their country of birth)?" is Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) considered immigration status..If yes; which type of status (i.e. Permanent Resident or Visitor) should I select for this?
2. For question "Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?"; I was on H1B visa in USA before I moved to Canada in July 2019. My H1B extension was in progress when I moved here and I received my approval and new I797 after I moved to Canada..Could you please confirm if travel document only includes USA stamped visa or does it include I797?..If it's I797 I am assuming I will have to enter details for the I797 that I received after moving to Canada as well.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Time for an update:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1120
Application: Single
Application sent: March 22
Delivered: March 22
AOR: April 6
In Progress: April 8
Background completed: May 16
Citizenship test: N/A
Language: N/A
Physical Presence: June 8
Prohibitions: June 8
Oath Invite: June 19 (on tracker June 21)
Oath date: July 17

And I can’t breath.
Less than 3 months to get oath invitation and less than 4 months from submitting to oath.

(EDITED: to correct invite date.)
Congratulations

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi everyone..Could you help me with following questions:
1. For this question "Does the minor currently, or have they ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes their country of birth)?" is Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) considered immigration status..If yes; which type of status (i.e. Permanent Resident or Visitor) should I select for this?
2. For question "Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?"; I was on H1B visa in USA before I moved to Canada in July 2019. My H1B extension was in progress when I moved here and I received my approval and new I797 after I moved to Canada..Could you please confirm if travel document only includes USA stamped visa or does it include I797?..If it's I797 I am assuming I will have to enter details for the I797 that I received after moving to Canada as well.
1: yes

2: visas are not the same thing as travel documents.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
1: yes

2: visas are not the same thing as travel documents.
Thank you for your response..couple of follow-up questions...for #1; OCI should be considered as Visitor or Permanent Resident?...for #2; Do I only need to mention my passports (i.e. current and expired) or should I also include I797 details?

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Time for an update:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1120
Application: Single
Application sent: March 22
Delivered: March 22
AOR: April 6
In Progress: April 8
Background completed: May 16
Citizenship test: N/A
Language: N/A
Physical Presence: June 8
Prohibitions: June 8
Oath Invite: June 19 (on tracker June 21)
Oath date: July 17

And I can’t breath.
Less than 3 months to get oath invitation and less than 4 months from submitting to oath.

(EDITED: to correct invite date.)
Congratulations , happy for you body