+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sreddyk

Jun 20, 2023
From Burlington, ON
Online group application sent on March 7th
AOR March 22nd
BG complete on May 9th, Spouse BG complete on May 25th after fingerprints request. Nothing after that.

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Please update me regarding this status anyone have same experience?
Your citizenship application status: Cancelled
Application history

• Apr 28, 2023
    Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information aboutthe next steps and required action items will be coming soon

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Please update me regarding this status anyone have same experience?
Your citizenship application status: Cancelled
Application history

• Apr 28, 2023
    Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information aboutthe next steps and required action items will be coming soon
Did you get an email saying it's canceled or is that an update on the tracker? Ideally if your application is canceled, they will email you with a reason. E.g physical presence not met etc

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
No didn't receive any email I just checked online
It's most likely that something is missing/incomplete. They say if it's incomplete or missing, they will cancel/return whole application. But its odd that they cancelled after you received AOR. I'm sure the letter will be sent soon or you can raise a webform or call them

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Ok thanks.

Ok, Thanks.
I didn't give my biometrics even during my PR application, can I still be exempted from giving biometrics?
From what I have seen somewhere on this thread, biometrics is usually asked for if you have a similar name or same name with someone on a criminal record and they need to verify its not the same person. I'm sure there are other reasons why they will ask for biometrics but in general its not a standard request for everybody.

Reactions: raja1028

Scorpion555

Jun 11, 2017
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,808
Application: Family (2 adults, 1 child)
Application sent: March 27
Delivered: March 29
AOR: May 12
BG complete: June 15

The background shows as dated the 15th, after ghost updates both that day and the 16th, and "last updated" on the 17th. All other "in progress" and "not started" items are the same.
Did your child's ecas show background completed? Not sure if children are exempt?