+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Ray0628

May 3, 2023
Hello All,
IRCC received my paper citizenship application on March 09, 2023, and I received AOR on May 02, 2023, When I checked my citizenship application tracker it says the application was filed on April 14, 2023. Can anyone explain what does mean? I mean about April 14, 2023.

Thank You.
Hi,

I am in the same boat with you. IRCC received my paper application on Mar 16, 2023. Received AOR email on May 3, 2023. However, when I linked to the online tracker, it says my application was filed on April 19th. Plus on top it says

"Send us additional information" - This Message was updated on May 3rd, which is the date when I actually received my AOR email.

Do you have the "require more information" notification in your account which was sent on May 2nd as well? I am going to call IRCC about it

nonameizz

Oct 18, 2020
Hi all
I received a test invite on May 4th for a test window of May 19 to June 8. Just confirming: you should wait until you receive an email before taking the test?
I applied online on March 15th and got my AOR on March 30th.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hi all
I received a test invite on May 4th for a test window of May 19 to June 8. Just confirming: you should wait until you receive an email before taking the test?
I applied online on March 15th and got my AOR on March 30th.
It's interesting that I got the invite on the same day, but my window is 1 week BEFORE you. I haven't got any emails yet, I will wait a bit until I get it. If it gets to end of May, I will just do the test in that link.

Reactions: TriniKRN

nonameizz

Oct 18, 2020
It's interesting that I got the invite on the same day, but my window is 1 week BEFORE you. I haven't got any emails yet, I will wait a bit until I get it. If it gets to end of May, I will just do the test in that link.
Maybe because you applied before me and they are doing us in order?

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
hi Team, can anyone please let me know if we can use old Police clearance certificate from PR Application?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
hi Team, can anyone please let me know if we can use old Police clearance certificate from PR Application?
To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued
  • after the last time you were in that country, or
  • no more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued
  • after the last time you were in that country, or
  • no more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html
ok thanks @Nousernamesadface but it seems PCC is going to take 2 months to get, so can i apply with old PCC and then update the appliation later some how?, but since i have 2 kids under 18 so i have to do paper application i think and not online application.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
ok thanks @Nousernamesadface but it seems PCC is going to take 2 months to get, so can i apply with old PCC and then update the appliation later some how?, but since i have 2 kids under 18 so i have to do paper application i think and not online application.
You can apply for the kids separately (on paper) and do your own online.
If you need a PCC, wait for it, don't submit an incomplete application. If the kids don't need PCC, apply for them.

Reactions: krishere1982

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
If any of the kids is under 14, it will be even easier for that kid if you apply separately. They won't even need to attend the oath, they'll just get the certificate.

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
You can apply for the kids separately (on paper) and do your own online.
If you need a PCC, wait for it, don't submit an incomplete application. If the kids don't need PCC, apply for them.
but we cannot apply without parents i think for kids, we have to have atleast one parent, also do i need PCC since my country of origin is india and i stayed in USA after India for sometime (>183 days) and then came to canada so do i still need new PCC ?

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
If any of the kids is under 14, it will be even easier for that kid if you apply separately. They won't even need to attend the oath, they'll just get the certificate.
My kid is under 14 but we cannot apply minor seperatley we have to do with parents application since it asks if this parent is applying for Citizenship ?

Reactions: TriniKRN

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
but we cannot apply without parents i think for kids, we have to have atleast one parent, also do i need PCC since my country of origin is india and i stayed in USA after India for sometime (>183 days) and then came to canada so do i still need new PCC ?
See below and please advise if need new PCC here?, since we were in Canada in past 4 years and never been to any country for more than 183 days

Police certificate(s)

You need to provide a police certificate from each country, other than Canada, if you were there

• in the past 4 years
  • for 183 days or more in a row
  • since the age of 18
Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate.

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if

• you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years