+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello,
You and I are in the same boat. I submitted a IRCC web form informing them about my US Visitor Visa. I was also advised in this forum that B1/B2. is not an immigrant visa and just a simple tourist visa. Please refer to "jonyrose" reply to my question on this page. Hope this helps answer your question :)
They are not asking for immigrant visas, they are asking for immigration status, which also includes visitor, you can see it is one of the options in the drop down menu both in the paper application and online.

Last edited:

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Applied online for Spouse. Please update the spreadsheet.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1189
Application: Single
Application sent: March 29, 2023
Delivered: March 29, 2023
AOR: April 13, 2023

blackbeauty_xxx

Mar 28, 2013
They are not asking for immigrant visas, they are asking for immigration status, which also includes visitor, you can see it is one of the options in the drop down menu both in the paper application and online.
So what should I do now ? Should I wait for AOR as without application number I can't submit webform.

Regards,
BB

seeker_38473

Apr 3, 2023
Just heard ircc is going on a strike starting tomorrow.. hope it won't last long but I guess we won't see new AORs for a while..

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Just heard ircc is going on a strike starting tomorrow.. hope it won't last long but I guess we won't see new AORs for a while..
Based on my understanding, the majority has voted for a strike but currently this is being used as bargaining leverage for ongoing negotiations with the Treasury Board of Canada regarding stagnating wages and other issues. If negotiations continue to fail and a resolution cannot be reached, a strike will be called within 60 days.Let’s hope they reach agreement soon.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Based on my understanding, the majority has voted for a strike but currently this is being used as bargaining leverage for ongoing negotiations with the Treasury Board of Canada regarding stagnating wages and other issues. If negotiations continue to fail and a resolution cannot be reached, a strike will be called within 60 days.Let’s hope they reach agreement soon.
They also have to give 72 hr notice before striking.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/federal-government-strike-public-service-psac-date-services-1.6809004

Reactions: YoYo81

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi

I have submitted my Citizenship application online. Today I have received 2 emails. 01 is AOR,

2nd saying " You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18). If you cannot get a police certificate, please explain why. A police certificate or explanation for no certificate is required for your time spent in Pakistan"

Its not easy to get Police certificate from Pakistan as I'm in Canada for last 4 years. Has anyone else has received such requirement?

Please guide.

Thanks

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hi

I have submitted my Citizenship application online. Today I have received 2 emails. 01 is AOR,

2nd saying " You must provide a police certificate for each country or territory where you have been present for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18). If you cannot get a police certificate, please explain why. A police certificate or explanation for no certificate is required for your time spent in Pakistan"

Its not easy to get Police certificate from Pakistan as I'm in Canada for last 4 years. Has anyone else has received such requirement?

Please guide.

Thanks
You didn't spend more than 180 days in Pakistan in the last 4 years?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Thank you.

Everyone else please share your views. Thanks.
BB
There's a long thread on it here, including a twitter response from IRCC.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-13-citizenship-application.741003/
It's a ridiculous question, and I think they are not very strict on it, but I filled it up with every status I ever had, anywhere, including visitor, which is what they are asking for. In the older versions of the forms, visitor was not an option, but they changed it in 2020 and added visitor, you can also see the guide, it explicitly lists visitor as an example.