+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Chini31

Apr 11, 2023
Hello,
I submitted my Citizenship application on 21 March 2023 and received an AOR on April 06 2023. A week before submitting my application, I was issued a US Visitor Visa which I forgot to mention in my Citizenship application. I have informed IRCC through their web form regarding my mistake. Is there anything else that I need to do? Should I withdraw my application and submit a new one to avoid misrepresentation issue?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Hello,
I submitted my Citizenship application on 21 March 2023 and received an AOR on April 06 2023. A week before submitting my application, I was issued a US Visitor Visa which I forgot to mention in my Citizenship application. I have informed IRCC through their web form regarding my mistake. Is there anything else that I need to do? Should I withdraw my application and submit a new one to avoid misrepresentation issue?

The fact that you got AOR should indicate that everything is OK with the application, imho. Not sure why a US Visitor Visa should affect the application, or where you'd actually supply that information on the online form. I have a US Visa but did not mention it. But hey, I have received my AOR as yet, so... :p

Reactions: Olucha1992

harvey123

Jul 18, 2018
I my paper application was delivered on Mar 4th and I received my and my son's AOR today. I didn't get my wife's AOR and I checked her application and we missed to provider her email address. What should I do know? Are they gonna send AOR in mail?

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
I my paper application was delivered on Mar 4th and I received my and my son's AOR today. I didn't get my wife's AOR and I checked her application and we missed to provider her email address. What should I do know? Are they gonna send AOR in mail?
Did you use the same email for you and your son’s application?
I used same email and still waiting for my daughter’s AOR almost 24hrs later

And for your wife, I believe they will send her AOR via Canada post

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Hello,

Unless the application form has changed since last year when I submitted my application - you are absolutely fine. There is a confusion regarding declaration of the non-immigrant visas (such as the B1/B2). For peace of your mind, check out my signature and don't worry.

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hi admin,
Please update the tracker.

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Family (1 adult + 1 minor)
Application sent: Mar 1 2023
Delivered: Mar 3 2023
AOR:
Please update tracker

AOR: Apr 12 2022
Received AOR email for adult, had to call IRCC to get application number for minor.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfbyap

blackbeauty_xxx

Mar 28, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I just realize I forgot to mention US visitor visa details on question no 13 of paper based application. What should I do now ?
not received AOR.

Regards,
BB

Chini31

Apr 11, 2023
The fact that you got AOR should indicate that everything is OK with the application, imho. Not sure why a US Visitor Visa should affect the application, or where you'd actually supply that information on the online form. I have a US Visa but did not mention it. But hey, I have received my AOR as yet, so... :p
Thank you for your reply!

Chini31

Apr 11, 2023
Unless the application form has changed since last year when I submitted my application - you are absolutely fine. There is a confusion regarding declaration of the non-immigrant visas (such as the B1/B2). For peace of your mind, check out my signature and don't worry.
Thank you for your reply and sharing your experience applying for Canadian citizenship!

Chini31

Apr 11, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I just realize I forgot to mention US visitor visa details on question no 13 of paper based application. What should I do now ?
not received AOR.

Regards,
BB
Hello,
You and I are in the same boat. I submitted a IRCC web form informing them about my US Visitor Visa. I was also advised in this forum that B1/B2. is not an immigrant visa and just a simple tourist visa. Please refer to "jonyrose" reply to my question on this page. Hope this helps answer your question :)

RMinna

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
March -04 Saturday - how come it will deliver on weekend/

blackbeauty_xxx

Mar 28, 2013
Hello,
You and I are in the same boat. I submitted a IRCC web form informing them about my US Visitor Visa. I was also advised in this forum that B1/B2. is not an immigrant visa and just a simple tourist visa. Please refer to "jonyrose" reply to my question on this page. Hope this helps answer your question :)
Thank you. Can paper applicant submit IRCC web form ? Can you please send the link ?
Regards,
BB