+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mjb90

Nov 12, 2018
Hello,

I am just finalizing my online application and have a question (if anyone can assist).

It asks for employment and activity record for the last five years. I did a small piece of work for 4 days with a university here, and they paid me for it. Should I show this in the employment/activity record as well? (it was mentioned in my tax return of the year). If yes, then should I show it as self-employment or some other category? (Other than this, I have been either employed full-time, studying or unemployed during this period)

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
Hello everyone,

I finally got to this point in my immigration journey after 8 years. Please, add my information to the tracker as well.

Single applicant
Signed in: Milton, ON
Application type: Online
Physical presence calculator: 1102 days
Application sent: March 27th
Application received: March 27th

Good luck to everyone on this path!

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hello,

I am just finalizing my online application and have a question (if anyone can assist).

It asks for employment and activity record for the last five years. I did a small piece of work for 4 days with a university here, and they paid me for it. Should I show this in the employment/activity record as well? (it was mentioned in my tax return of the year). If yes, then should I show it as self-employment or some other category? (Other than this, I have been either employed full-time, studying or unemployed during this period)

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Employment and activity says it all. That includes time of unemployment as well. It does say you can’t leave gaps.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Type: Online
Presence: 1121
Single Application
Application sent: Mar 5, 2023
Application delivered: Mar 5, 2023
AOR: Mar 21, 2023
In Process: Mar 23, 2023

Last edited:

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
PAPER or ONLINE APPLICATION ?

Guys, any suggestions what is the best way to apply for citizenship in regards with the processing time and movement of application. Which one do you recommend, PAPER BASED or ONLINE BASED ? Thank you.

Just crowdsourcing

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
PAPER or ONLINE APPLICATION ?

Guys, any suggestions what is the best way to apply for citizenship in regards with the processing time and movement of application. Which one do you recommend, PAPER BASED or ONLINE BASED ? Thank you.

Just crowdsourcing
If you ain’t applying with minor, just do online. Feb applicants already getting Citizenship Test email.

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
Another applicant here!

Type: Online Application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application: Single
Application Sent: 28 March 2023
Application Delivered: 28 March 2023

Hopefully everything goes smoothly! Admin please update :D

BLACK SHIRT

Jan 21, 2021
Hello, I have a question. The time I spent in work permit or study permit how should I address it in the online system? Is it gonna Temporary Foreign worker?

** During your 5-year eligibility period, did you have a valid temporary resident status(opens in new tab) before becoming a permanent resident?

In here the only options that come up are Intl Student, Visitor, Temporary Foreign worker & temporary Residence permit holder

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
Wh
Hello, I have a question. The time I spent in work permit or study permit how should I address it in the online system? Is it gonna Temporary Foreign worker?

** During your 5-year eligibility period, did you have a valid temporary resident status(opens in new tab) before becoming a permanent resident?

In here the only options that come up are Intl Student, Visitor, Temporary Foreign worker & temporary Residence permit holder
For the time period you held a study permit (regardless of working part-time), select International Student
For the time you held a work permit, select Temporary Foreign Worker