+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
Hi Folks,

My Background verification completed on May 19, however, I still haven't received my citizenship test notification. The tracker continues to state not started for citizenship test. I have seen other folks on this forum detail that they received their citizenship test request on the same day or within 2 days of the background verification completion date per the tracker. Is the delay that I am experiencing in receiving a notification to take the citizenship test normal?

Hope to hear back.

U

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hi Folks,

My Background verification completed on May 19, however, I still haven't received my citizenship test notification. The tracker continues to state not started for citizenship test. I have seen other folks on this forum detail that they received their citizenship test request on the same day or within 2 days of the background verification completion date per the tracker. Is the delay that I am experiencing in receiving a notification to take the citizenship test normal?

Hope to hear back.

U
I didin't receive it for 3 weeks. Some folks get Test before BG. It's all random.
I have learnt that IRCC operates like a gangsta. They do whatever they like whenever they like.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi Folks,

Hope to hear back.

U
Getting the invite has more to do with the office and the time frame they are doing test for and nothing to do with BG, my background was done in Dec never got Test until Feb.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Will background check be delayed if one has just recently filed taxes?
It can delay your AOR if you filed and do not have the necessary number tax filed, but does not affect your BG.

What I mean is, if you order your ATIP there is a section in that says ( One year back (Yes) Verified (Yes) ) The second yes is them verifying it, for example, if you applied b4 tax season was done, they will check again in the physical presence what yall here call LPP stage but tbh the simple answer is NO it should not affect it at all.

Reactions: Rhbcc

TorrrNL

May 26, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1215.5
Application: Single (1)
Application sent: March 27, 2023
Delivered: March 27, 2023
AOR: April 13, 2023
In Progress: April 16, 2023
Biometrics Request: May 23, 2023

(NOTE: Attached the email of receipt instead of pdf in the original application; Later submitted the pdf receipt via webform within 2 days.)

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Has any paper applicant received any update beyond getting AOR?
I'd like to think the paper application is same as online once the paper info gets transferred to computer which is when I believe you got your AOR. So perhaps BG or Test invite in a month(ish) time from AOR?

Last edited:

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I'd like to think the paper application is same as other application once the paper info gets transferred to computer which is when I believe you got your AOR. So perhaps BG or Test invite in a month(ish) time from AOR?
I know for a fact that isn't true. Many paper applicants who got AOR in first week of March are still waiting for an update. It is going to be almost 3 months for them since AOR and no update.

They could have some kind of indicator on their end to denote which is paper and which is an online application. Otherwise how come in 2022 paper were processed faster and online were slow and now vice versa?

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
I know for a fact that isn't true. Many paper applicants who got AOR in first week of March are still waiting for an update. It is going to be almost 3 months for them since AOR and no update.

They could have some kind of indicator on their end to denote which is paper and which is an online application. Otherwise how come in 2022 paper were processed faster and online were slow and now vice versa?
In excel sheet for Jan 2023 you can see how paper applications are moving to the next stage within a couple months.

There's likely an indicator but I don't know why they'd care if it was paper or online once they have the info on computer. But again, IRCC does what it does!!

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
In excel sheet for Jan 2023 you can see how paper applications are moving to the next stage within a couple months.

There's likely an indicator but I don't know why they'd care if it was paper or online once they have the info on computer. But again, IRCC does what it does!!
Maybe the Jan ones did. From March onward, that doesn't seem to be the case.

CV2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
I didin't receive it for 3 weeks. Some folks get Test before BG. It's all random.
I have learnt that IRCC operates like a gangsta. They do whatever they like whenever they like.
I appreciate your feedback, thank you so much. I guess there is nothing more you can do besides waiting.

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
I appreciate your feedback, thank you so much. I guess there is nothing more you can do besides waiting.
Yeah, don't sweat it. BG complete is a major update. Test will happen in the coming months and after that you can only wait.
When I applied, my expectation was to get it within a year. I'll be happy if they can do that.