+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Windsor2023

Sep 11, 2023
Has anyone received an Oath invite from Windsor office recently? My wife's application is being processed in Windsor office. Her LPP got updated to complete yesterday and I am wondering how long it takes to get oath invite after LPP for Windsor office.

lafadeedo

Aug 15, 2023
I'm in the same boat. Completed my test on June 4 and still waiting for any other updates.

Please stay connected with us as I think we have a similar timeline.
So I got an INTERVIEW request just now to do it virtually via Microsoft Teams.
However i'm out of the country my grandma is very ill I'm staying by her side literally.

Does anyone know if its ok to do this Interview while being out of Canada or its an issue that could delay my file for ages?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
However i'm out of the country my grandma is very ill I'm staying by her side literally.

Does anyone know if its ok to do this Interview while being out of Canada or its an issue that could delay my file for ages?
Email generally has the info about that. Is your email missing that?

lafadeedo

Aug 15, 2023
They don't mention anything about being physically in canada for the interview.

So I'm not sure if the fact that it's virtual means I can do it remotely from any country,
or its just virtual coz it's easier for them and physical presence in canada is required for all interviews.

Does anyone know if those interviews can be done without being physically in canada ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
They don't mention anything about being physically in canada for the interview.

So I'm not sure if the fact that it's virtual means I can do it remotely from any country,
or its just virtual coz it's easier for them and physical presence in canada is required for all interviews.

Does anyone know if those interviews can be done without being physically in canada ?
You can reply to the same email and ask. If they ask you to be in Canada, ask for reschedule based on your grandma's illness.

adzw4

Jun 3, 2021
I'm in the same boat. Completed my test on June 4 and still waiting for any other updates.

Please stay connected with us as I think we have a similar timeline.
Add me too. Nothing since I completed my test June 27th. I am single applicant (paper) with Mississauga.

adzw4

Jun 3, 2021

That is good news I guess (with the virtual interview)

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother.

lafadeedo

Aug 15, 2023
The problem is I don't know if I'm able to do the test virtually or I'm expected to be physically in canada.

The emails says NOTICE TO APPEAR so does that mean I need to physically appear?

Just wondering if anyone did this citizenship Interview via Ms Teams from abroad and what was their experience with it

Zi2345

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I have a question. I have done my test in last week of May2023 and my Interview was done on Sep08, 2023 and the same day my language was updated to complete. After that no response and i am still waiting for prohibition and physical presense to be completed. Is anyone going through the same situation? What can be the reason of this delay?

AshishRathod@002

Jul 27, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I have a question. I have done my test in last week of May2023 and my Interview was done on Sep08, 2023 and the same day my language was updated to complete. After that no response and i am still waiting for prohibition and physical presense to be completed. Is anyone going through the same situation? What can be the reason of this delay?
What type of questions they ask in the Interview? Do require some preparation?

81jim

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
05-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-04-2017
Do you know how long after LPP for ceremony invite? My LPP also completed on 12th and no update yet.
For me, it was 4 days on the tracker (Scarborough office. btw) - still waiting for the email with all the details, but they have another week before I'll start to worry about that.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Aor March 2023
Test and BG completed May 2023
Requested ATIP Oct 4 (Haven’t gotten it yet)
Ghost update Oct 14

What does ghost update means? Does ATIP trigger the status date and shows a ghost update without any change in the application?

Or the ghost update means they actually working on my application?

• Sad
Reactions: td88