NOC Code......
Sharing My Brother's Timeline:

FSW Outland - India (Single Applicant)

ITA: March 15th 2023

Application Submitted: March 21st 2023

AOR: March 21st 2023

Biometric Letter: March 22nd 2023

Biometric Given and update on GCKey: March 27th 2023

Medical Passed: March 29th 2023 (did upfront)

GCKey shows eligibility and background in progress but application trackers shows not started.
cool, quite fast!!
AOR 19thMarch, no update :D

Reactions: shah389

Doumax

Mar 16, 2023
Sharing My Brother's Timeline:

FSW Outland - India (Single Applicant)

ITA: March 15th 2023

Application Submitted: March 21st 2023

AOR: March 21st 2023
Same

Biometric Letter: March 22nd 2023

Biometric Given and update on GCKey: March 27th 2023

Medical Passed: March 29th 2023 (did upfront)

GCKey shows eligibility and background in progress but application trackers shows not started.
Same as me. Fingers crossed

Reactions: shah389

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Has IRCC switched on snooze button for March AORs? We all seem to be standing still lol

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey @iSaidGoodDay, any interesting pros/cons to share about alberta? have you looked into BC and ON?
BC, ON are good for job opportunities. Alberta isn't going to be a good choice for it. But, the real estate market is crazier than Alberta. I generally like BC's weather.

Personally for me, Alberta pros were:
1. Low cost home
2. Decently large city with not so high cost of living (Calgary is pretty decent)
3. Friends - I've a lot of friends in Calgary (and some co-workers)
4. Get to scale my side hustles and not worry too much about COL

Cons for Alberta:
1. Weather isn't as nice as what I'd get in BC
2. A little less BC type culture (although that applies way more to cities like Edmonton than Calgary)
3. I'll have to fly 3-4 times a year to BC and ON to meet my reports and rest of the team

tianlu777

Sep 15, 2022
CEC - Inland
ITA - Jan 11, 2023
AOR - Mar 7, 2023
Previous medical & Biometric linked: Mar 24, 2023
ADR for my child birth certificate: Mar 28, 2023 (I provided a notarized copy, but they still want exact translation of original certificate)

Wondering whether verification of the birth certificate is part of eligibility review or background check?

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
BC, ON are good for job opportunities. Alberta isn't going to be a good choice for it. But, the real estate market is crazier than Alberta. I generally like BC's weather.

Personally for me, Alberta pros were:
1. Low cost home
2. Decently large city with not so high cost of living (Calgary is pretty decent)
3. Friends - I've a lot of friends in Calgary (and some co-workers)
4. Get to scale my side hustles and not worry too much about COL

Cons for Alberta:
1. Weather isn't as nice as what I'd get in BC
2. A little less BC type culture (although that applies way more to cities like Edmonton than Calgary)
3. I'll have to fly 3-4 times a year to BC and ON to meet my reports and rest of the team
Good analysis! In Alberta you will be between BC and ON so you can visit both easily.

I am looking at Ottawa, ON. I want a lower cost city too and I am not looking for a job, I will continue to be self-employed. Also, I want to be on the east coast so that I can visit Europe frequently. Does anyone have any comments on Ottawa? Is it nice?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Good analysis! In Alberta you will be between BC and ON so you can visit both easily.

I am looking at Ottawa, ON. I want a lower cost city too and I am not looking for a job, I will continue to be self-employed. Also, I want to be on the east coast so that I can visit Europe frequently. Does anyone have any comments on Ottawa? Is it nice?
If you are very social person, Ottawa can be good as you can travel to both GTA (~4-5 hours) and Montreal (very nearby). About the east coast, Nova Scotia used to be cheap a few years ago, but it has gotten expensive enough and makes less sense to move there.

Only downside of Ottawa is that the real estate market is competitive.

If let's say you wish to create an agency, Ottawa can be a good place to start an office and hire employees. I know agencies like Powered By Search are operating out of Ottawa (a part of the team) so finding local labour won't be too hard for you. You also get the chance to attend events in Toronto (e.g. GrowthTo) and meet prospects to pitch your services (if you are selling agency services).

There was actually someone who landed recently in Ottawa as a newcomer PR (last month I think) and is considering a home purchase. I'll find their thread and share with you.

Reactions: Daren2023