+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Hello, just some updates on my end (FWS-O):
AOR - 3 March (not 4 March!)
Biometrics request - 15 March, completed 17 March
On 16 March, I got an email that they have updated my application status but I don't know if this is what's considered "ghost update".

I've been checking the tracker everyday. I did not get an email update but on 27 March, when I logged in to my CIC account, the "Current Status" of my application changed from "Submitted" to something along the lines of application updated.

Today, 29 March, my tracker says that biometrics, medical exam, and eligibility are completed. I never saw eligibility being "in progress" though. Background verification is still "not started".

Does anyone know what background verification entails? I did my undergrad in Singapore for 4 years and my final semester (4 months of stay) coincided with my last 10 years of address history/personal history/travel history. I did not have to submit Singapore police certificate though. Do they ask for ADR of police certificate under background verification? Singapore seems to be so slow in processing this request (especially since I don't live there anymore and physical mail might be an issue) and I'd want to avoid additional delays!
When did you provide biometrics? And when did they updated in your GC key?

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
On 16 March, I got an email that they have updated my application status but I don't know if this is what's considered "ghost update".

I've been checking the tracker everyday. I did not get an email update but on 27 March, when I logged in to my CIC account, the "Current Status" of my application changed from "Submitted" to something along the lines of application updated.

Today, 29 March, my tracker says that biometrics, medical exam, and eligibility are completed. I never saw eligibility being "in progress" though. Background verification is still "not started".

Does anyone know what background verification entails? I did my undergrad in Singapore for 4 years and my final semester (4 months of stay) coincided with my last 10 years of address history/personal history/travel history. I did not have to submit Singapore police certificate though. Do they ask for ADR of police certificate under background verification? Singapore seems to be so slow in processing this request (especially since I don't live there anymore and physical mail might be an issue) and I'd want to avoid additional delays!
Congrats buddy! It is great that you have already passed eligibility. You should celebrate, not worry. You are the furthest one ahead of everyone in this thread.
If the system did not ask you for a PC from Singapore probably it is not necessary.

radicalprotnns

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
Pretty cool that your eligibility passed. Not seen this yet for March AORs. Technically, Officers may ask for an ADR for PCC of any stay they want but if you explained this in your LOE then it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks! No, I didn't provide an explanation since the system didn't require a Singapore police certificate from me.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

To understand background check, go through this master piece from Legalfalcon: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/page-147

Reactions: radicalprotnns

Papito Will

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
ITA 01/11/23
AOR 03/07/23
Medical passed 03/28/23
Received letter for bio collection and request to send documents for my partner's police certificate.

I am still not able to register for the tracker though.
I think I just received my first Ghost Update this morning??? Received an email but nothing changed in GC key.

Even though our bio collection appointment will be this Friday morning and my partner's Mexico police certificate is not ready at all...

And I am finally able to register for the tracker. But my file says it is for PNP instead of EE. Don't think that matters but it is interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maria0000

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
My Updates so far:

ITA - Jan 11
AOR - Mar 2
MEP/ BIL - Mar 14 {I am inland}
GU1 - Mar 15 (Mail received that application status has updated)
Mar 20 - Spouse Biometric Attached {Spouse in home country}
Last Updated in GCKey & Application Tracker - Mar 20

Now waiting.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

shah389

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Sharing My Brother's Timeline:

FSW Outland - India (Single Applicant)

ITA: March 15th 2023

Application Submitted: March 21st 2023

AOR: March 21st 2023

Biometric Letter: March 22nd 2023

Biometric Given and update on GCKey: March 27th 2023

Medical Passed: March 29th 2023 (did upfront)

GCKey shows eligibility and background in progress but application trackers shows not started.

Last edited:

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
Sharing My Brother's Timeline:

FSW Outland - India (Single Applicant)

Processing Office: Etobicoke (Can be found on new application tracking portal)

ITA: March 15th 2023

Application Submitted: March 21st 2023

AOR: March 21st 2023

Biometric Letter: March 22nd 2023

Biometric Given and update on GCKey: March 27th 2023

Medical Passed: March 29th 2023 (did upfront)

GCKey shows eligibility and background in progress but application trackers shows not started.
Wow your brother is a superstar, such quick processing! Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: shah389