+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
Congrats, and mine is still shown in progress... your parallelism...
Almost exactly the same! I feel your frustration. Honestly I think what finally moved mine is that I reached out to my MP once I passed the 18 months "normal" timeline. I would suggest you reach out to yours. I think some of ours from early 2022 just got shoved aside so they could quickly complete more recent ones and then they claim that 80% of files are processed super quickly, etc. IRCCC agents that we call can't really do anything for us. They can just see the status.

wandersun

Aug 4, 2023
Almost exactly the same! I feel your frustration. Honestly I think what finally moved mine is that I reached out to my MP once I passed the 18 months "normal" timeline. I would suggest you reach out to yours. I think some of ours from early 2022 just got shoved aside so they could quickly complete more recent ones and then they claim that 80% of files are processed super quickly, etc. IRCCC agents that we call can't really do anything for us. They can just see the status.
I have already talked to my local MP, and they said they can only track what is ongoing but not speed up the progress. They do continue giving me update (twice already), while it is just nothing new happened yet... Though I do get the additional flag removed, which is a good sign to move forward soon. cross finger...

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
I have already talked to my local MP, and they said they can only track what is ongoing but not speed up the progress. They do continue giving me update (twice already), while it is just nothing new happened yet... Though I do get the additional flag removed, which is a good sign to move forward soon. cross finger...
Wishing you good results soon. I know how hard it is to wait and see so many others move ahead.

Reactions: wandersun

sudiptosrkr

Feb 15, 2016
I think finally IRCC woke up from their slumber and have started clearing the bucket of old cases that they stored in some closet and forgot.
Some times I used to be really frustrated when I saw people crying about 'slow progress' after applying for citizenship 3 - 4 months ago..

Reactions: Calgary222

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I am not sure if there is anybody here but I just want to share that after a long wait my citizenship oath is on Feb 07 .. thanks to everybody on this forum for the information we shared here and support..

Reactions: forw.jane

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hi guys, anyone of you was asked to appear in an online interview through Microsoft teams? My interview is tomorrow morning and just wanted to know how to use Microsoft teams and connect with interviewer to start the interview? Please reply. Thanks
If you can share your online interview pleaseb

amumu001

Sep 23, 2018
Me and my wife applied 3/22/2022, my local MP office has followed up twice with IRCC, still shows citizen test Not Started.