+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So 3 weeks ago I reached out to my MP. His assistant responded quickly and I filled out a form, giving them permission to inquire to IRCC on my behalf. I also asked what timeline I should expect. Since then, I've heard nothing. I emailed yesterday asking for some sense of timing (again!) with no response. Today, I drove to the MPs office only to discover that it's locked, the windows are covered by heavy curtains and no one is granted admittance without an appointment. The notice on the door also says citizenship issues will be handled by phone and/or email only. So I stood outside the door and called - I heard the phone ringing inside - and I left a detailed (polite!) message asking for an update. I'm at my wit's end, my friends.
What is the response from IRCC as your application has breached the 17 months processing ETA?

sudiptosrkr

Feb 15, 2016
I honestly do not know whether I should cry or laugh at my luck:

Checked the portal and saw the LPP has been completed on 12 Oct 2023. Yet to receive the oath email.
But due to an emergency back home, I am travelling next week and would be back here in Canada on Nov 14th.

So even if I receive the oath ceremony date, I would have to reschedule it. :(

Timelines:
AOR: 7th March 2022.
Test: 19th Dec 2022

tremendous

Jun 15, 2023

Checked the portal and saw the LPP has been completed on 12 Oct 2023. Yet to receive the oath email.
But due to an emergency back home, I am travelling next week and would be back here in Canada on Nov 14th.

Timelines:
But still this is good news! Ok so you need to reschedule but they will and it will be fine! Congrats!

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW

Timelines:
almost seems like some sort of mass clearance at this point. way too many people seem to be reporting LPP cleared on Oct 12th. Hope the oath invites come ringing in real soon.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
So 3 weeks ago I reached out to my MP. His assistant responded quickly and I filled out a form, giving them permission to inquire to IRCC on my behalf. I also asked what timeline I should expect. Since then, I've heard nothing. I emailed yesterday asking for some sense of timing (again!) with no response. Today, I drove to the MPs office only to discover that it's locked, the windows are covered by heavy curtains and no one is granted admittance without an appointment. The notice on the door also says citizenship issues will be handled by phone and/or email only. So I stood outside the door and called - I heard the phone ringing inside - and I left a detailed (polite!) message asking for an update. I'm at my wit's end, my friends.
naah. call IRCC. get a helpful agent. ask them to leave a note for case processing office that application is past average processing time. worked for me.

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
Got an email to create IRCC account to download citizenship certificate , it also has an invite code , I created the account using the code however unable to login - error “account does not exist.”

haven’t received oath yet , but got the certificate download email.

• Haha
Reactions: zagcollins

sudiptosrkr

Feb 15, 2016
But still this is good news! Ok so you need to reschedule but they will and it will be fine! Congrats!
Yeah, at least now I know that my application processing is complete and whatever delay in Oath is happening is due to my reason of rescheduling it.

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
Annnnnd after a long and stressful wait, and after reaching out to MP (twice!) my tracker changed today. LPP completed! I thought the day would never come. Now I wait for oath. I haven't been paying attention to how long it takes generally after LPP completion because the whole thing was making angry, lol.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Congrats, and mine is still shown in progress... your parallelism...
did you try calling IRCC to check if you were scheduled for an interview or something? My wife's tracker still shows In Progress cuz email for citizenship interview bounced at some point and they never bothered updating it in the tracker.

wandersun

Aug 4, 2023
did you try calling IRCC to check if you were scheduled for an interview or something? My wife's tracker still shows In Progress cuz email for citizenship interview bounced at some point and they never bothered updating it in the tracker.
thanks for letting me know. I will give it another week and call them again. I did call them two weeks ago.

Reactions: zagcollins