+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
Just did my virtual oath ceremony today. It was fairly straight forward. Thanks everyone for their help. Hopefully everyone will get their passports soon.

Reactions: zagcollins

sudiptosrkr

Feb 15, 2016
What is your AOR date ? If it is April - then reach out to MP office in October , if AOR is March you should reach out to MP office now….
AOR: 7th March 2022.
Can somebody briefly guide me about this whole 'contact with MP office thing'? How to find out contact details; what to say?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
AOR: 7th March 2022.
Can somebody briefly guide me about this whole 'contact with MP office thing'? How to find out contact details; what to say?
https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en
Search by postal code and using contact details you can contact your MP office and ask for help in contacting IRCC to check why your application is stuck beyond the 18 months processing time.

Last edited:
Reactions: sudiptosrkr

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
Sorry for joining this party so late. Atleast looking at this group I feel I am not the only one left out/forgotten by IRCC.
My Timeline:
Online Application submitted: March 2022
Exam given: Dec 2022
Waiting since then without any further updates.
You are not alone!

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Reactions: LetSusan

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been waiting for so long! If you’re looking for more people who might be in the same boat to build your case, you can check for March 2022 AORs in this tracker. https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/canadian-citizenship-processing-tracker.
I hope the MP route works out and you get it soon!
This document actually makes me worry even more, unfortunately. I am 305 days since test completion and nothing further is done. I am hoping MP will help. They sent me a form to give them permission to talk to IRCC on my behalf and I filled it out and sent it right back. I know for a fact that there is nothing in my history that should prevent me from becoming a citizen. Fingers crossed. It's really hard to plan things with my life in limbo like this.

tremendous

Jun 15, 2023
All updated to completed today! Just waiting for the invite. Still says “not started” for the ceremony. How long does it usually take for this to change after everything else is completed?

Reactions: LetSusan

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
So 3 weeks ago I reached out to my MP. His assistant responded quickly and I filled out a form, giving them permission to inquire to IRCC on my behalf. I also asked what timeline I should expect. Since then, I've heard nothing. I emailed yesterday asking for some sense of timing (again!) with no response. Today, I drove to the MPs office only to discover that it's locked, the windows are covered by heavy curtains and no one is granted admittance without an appointment. The notice on the door also says citizenship issues will be handled by phone and/or email only. So I stood outside the door and called - I heard the phone ringing inside - and I left a detailed (polite!) message asking for an update. I'm at my wit's end, my friends.

• Sad
Reactions: CoorsHeavy