+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
I phoned the IRCC today July 26th to inquire the status of my application. All required steps prior to decision are marked complete. The call center agent said everything looked good and I should recieve something soon. When I pressed when soon would be like a week, a month or several months he could/would not give me an answer. My application was being processed in Niagara Falls when I asked to confirm that Niagara Falls was still processing my application he said it was moved to Mississauga hich may explain the ghost update I got on July 21st. Has anyone experienced a change in processing office this late in the process? Will this change further delay a decision or oath invitation? Im so tired of waiting and being told that all is good but no forcast when this ordeal will come to an end.

mannitscar

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
I phoned the IRCC today July 26th to inquire the status of my application. All required steps prior to decision are marked complete. The call center agent said everything looked good and I should recieve something soon. When I pressed when soon would be like a week, a month or several months he could/would not give me an answer. My application was being processed in Niagara Falls when I asked to confirm that Niagara Falls was still processing my application he said it was moved to Mississauga hich may explain the ghost update I got on July 21st. Has anyone experienced a change in processing office this late in the process? Will this change further delay a decision or oath invitation? Im so tired of waiting and being told that all is good but no forcast when this ordeal will come to an end.
Isnt it sad this is an ordeal for us rather than exciting and a cause for celebration

jnam

Nov 11, 2018
completed citizenship journey today,
thanks all of you for your support.
I am hopeful that remaining applicants from March group will get their citizenship soon.

here is my final timeline.

Online applications Vancouver office
Applied March 10, 2022
AOR April 10, 2022
Fingerprints requested & submitted: Oct 20, 2022
Background completed :Nov 7, 2022
Citizenship Test completed: Nov 9, 2022
Name change certificate submitted : Dec 11, 2022
Id's with new name requested & submitted: Feb 28, 2023
Interview: June 5, 2023
Ghost update June 8, 2023
LPP completed July 11, 2023
Citizenship ceremony : July 24, 2023
instructions email received to download e-certificate: July 25, 2023
Downloaded e-certificate : July 27, 2023
Applied for Passport : July 27, 2023
will pickup passport on : August 4, 2023

ismaf14

Jul 28, 2023
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, please does anyone have Vancouver Oath office email?
Ghost update - March 2, 2023
LPP - in Progress
Call centre - keep waiting processing time is 19months
This is crazy.
Please assist if you have the email. Thanks

Reactions: ada228

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
I am in a Niagara Falls chat online and several of them were moved to Mississauga really late in the process. I got a ghost update on July 20 - still waiting for LPP and I called but forgot to ask if NF was still my office. Yes, it is an ordeal. And so mismanaged.

jnam

Nov 11, 2018
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, please does anyone have Vancouver Oath office email?
Ghost update - March 2, 2023
LPP - in Progress
Call centre - keep waiting processing time is 19months
This is crazy.
Please assist if you have the email. Thanks
here is the email for western canada / Vancouver office. But keep in mind its not necessary that you will receive oath from Vancouver , it can come more any office across canada mine came from Saskatchewan .

IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

• Love
Reactions: ismaf14

Maya mimi

Jul 31, 2023
Hi everyone. Can someone plz guide me what they check in eligibility?? My application is still in review for eligibility from 7 months test background interview all have been completed.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone. Can someone plz guide me what they check in eligibility?? My application is still in review for eligibility from 7 months test background interview all have been completed.
for all of us stuck, they are checking if we remain outside the mental asylum or get admitted to one. Considering this is Canada, i am pretty sure there'll be a long queue and the provincial govt. will blame the feds for lack of funding.

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
why don't you try GCMS Note? Sometimes it might help.

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hello All,

I received ( today) an invitation for an Interview with an officer via Microsoft Teams. August 22. I will be out the country and returning on Aug 30. I sent the " Outside Canada " notification as noted in the email sent . The email came from Winnipeg. I am from Edmonton , the citizenship test came from Vancouver back in December. No idea what will happen next , but at leat some movement on my file . I do not know if I can do the interview ouside Canada or will be postponed . Any similar experience ?.

ismaf14

Jul 28, 2023
Hello All,

I received ( today) an invitation for an Interview with an officer via Microsoft Teams. August 22. I will be out the country and returning on Aug 30. I sent the " Outside Canada " notification as noted in the email sent . The email came from Winnipeg. I am from Edmonton , the citizenship test came from Vancouver back in December. No idea what will happen next , but at leat some movement on my file . I do not know if I can do the interview ouside Canada or will be postponed . Any similar experience ?.
I got same interview request today as well for August 22. Although my test came from Vancouver while the interview came from Winnipeg office. Finally we seeing a bit of movement.

Reactions: EGH

Xenon21

Jun 17, 2023
I checked the processing time just now overall and it says 18 months.
My application was also received March 2022 so in September 2022, when 18 months have passed and still no update on my citizenship, what would my next steps be? Thanks

Reactions: CoorsHeavy

McBell

Star Member
Feb 26, 2023
i dont know whats more depressing having to call IRCC last week to be told LPP started only to call this morning to be told they havent been started yet aint nothing they can do until 19 now 18 months or looking at March 2 update i glad to see the processing moths are going down i now have 2 months too wait before they can do anything

LetSusan

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
I checked the processing time just now overall and it says 18 months.
My application was also received March 2022 so in September 2022, when 18 months have passed and still no update on my citizenship, what would my next steps be? Thanks
then you can contact your MP. I'm waiting until then. Some MPs help sooner apparently but the answer that usually comes back is "wait, you are still within normal processing times"