+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

AAlli

Jan 2, 2019
Hello All -

I have been scheduled for an interview but realise that I may not have access to ORIGINAL copies of my COPR and IELTS results (I have photocopies)

However I have everything else - PR CARD, Old and Recent Passports, Drivers License, etc.

Is this a problem?

Look forward to anyone helping with a response.

Thanks!!!

PL-Brazil

Mar 9, 2021
Hello All -

I have been scheduled for an interview but realise that I may not have access to ORIGINAL copies of my COPR and IELTS results (I have photocopies)

However I have everything else - PR CARD, Old and Recent Passports, Drivers License, etc.

Is this a problem?

Look forward to anyone helping with a response.

Thanks!!!
Hi AAlli,

I had an interview on May 26th and they did not ask for COPR or IELTS. I was asked to show some pages on my passport, answer questions about trips I've taken, and the officer also asked me to show her my drivers license. I shared my screen, opened my email, and showed the flight reservations for the trips she had questions about. She also asked about something specific to my immigration history which I explained as well.

I believe the language requirements will be demonstrated by your ability to answer questions during the interview and the rest will be asked about directly.

You should be fine, especially since you have the copies.

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hello everyone
My oath ceremony was at 9 am BC time and I am officially a Canadian citizen now and just to let you guys know that when the ircc officially was verifying my docs like PR card and id’s and asked me some questions and after she asked me if I have any questions and I asked her if I can get an e-certificate instead of paper and she said off course and made a note. In about 10 minutes during the ceremony waiting for oath officially to start I received the instructions how to download an e-certificate so if you want an e-certificate you can ask the official on your ceremony date and I hope this helps
Best of luck
Jas

Reactions: ppcg2510

Amiralijoonz

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Hello everyone
My oath ceremony was at 9 am BC time and I am officially a Canadian citizen now and just to let you guys know that when the ircc officially was verifying my docs like PR card and id’s and asked me some questions and after she asked me if I have any questions and I asked her if I can get an e-certificate instead of paper and she said off course and made a note. In about 10 minutes during the ceremony waiting for oath officially to start I received the instructions how to download an e-certificate so if you want an e-certificate you can ask the official on your ceremony date and I hope this helps
Best of luck
Jas
were you able to download it?

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hello everyone
Best of luck
Jas
Just to add that the e-certificate was ready to download at 2:30pm and I just finished downloading and will prepare my passport application
Best of luck

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Probably my final update!

Physical Days: 1350

Method: Online

Applicants: 1 applicant

Application sent: March 15, 2022

Delivered: Online

AOR: April 12

BG Completed: October 27 - ( this didn’t show up on the online tracker until October 29 after ghost update October 27)

Citizenship test: updated Feb 3- window Feb 10-Mar 2

Test taken : Feb 17

Test Updated to complete: Feb 20

LPP complete - March 22

Ceremony scheduled ( Updated on tracked May 23 - Notice to appear, sent May 26- June 14

Oath completed ( Virtual) - June 14

Oath form sent - June 14

Tracker closed - June 22 (updated June 24)

citizenship certificate received via canada post in mailbox - June 28

wishing everyone all the best!

jnam

Nov 11, 2018
Hi AAlli,

I had an interview on May 26th and they did not ask for COPR or IELTS. I was asked to show some pages on my passport, answer questions about trips I've taken, and the officer also asked me to show her my drivers license. I shared my screen, opened my email, and showed the flight reservations for the trips she had questions about. She also asked about something specific to my immigration history which I explained as well.

I believe the language requirements will be demonstrated by your ability to answer questions during the interview and the rest will be asked about directly.

You should be fine, especially since you have the copies.

could you please share your timeline.
I also had interview on June 5 and there was a ghost update on June 7 and since then there is no update.
still showing LPP in progress .
interview lasted 10 min , asked few question about my application and interviewer said that he will process my application.

PL-Brazil

Mar 9, 2021
I did my interview on May 26th and got an update on June 24th. I was told it would be 1-2 weeks but it took 4 weeks for an update.

Final update for my wife's file.

Citizenship Oath Ceremony: June 14th, 2023
Online Tracker Marked Completed: June 23rd, 2023
Received Citizenship Certificate (Physical Document): June 30th, 2023

Now time to get her the passport.

Best of luck to everyone else in the March group that are completing the process.

Happy Canada Day!