+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

CoorsHeavy

Star Member
Jul 16, 2022
Just go to services canada ! If you do not need urgent - check passport website not all service canada are application centres - I am in Hamilton went to service canada ( Queenston ) only 10 people in line all went in at 8:30 and out by 9- over 12 agents to fill application !!!!

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
might be worthwhile to send an email at the same address where you sent your signed oath and find out the status.

I received the paper certificates in the mail in 1 week and the e-certificate in 24 hours.
that’d a good idea, I’ll do that! Thanks.

I also did not realise that you can get both e certificate as well as copy

preet0329

Feb 24, 2023
might be worthwhile to send an email at the same address where you sent your signed oath and find out the status.

I received the paper certificates in the mail in 1 week and the e-certificate in 24 hours.
That’s good. I didn’t know if we could do that.

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi,

My father submitted online application on March 10, 2022. He received following message in his account -

April 08, 2022

"Hello xxxxx,

Your application for Canadian citizenship is incomplete. We cannot start processing your application for the following reasons:

Physical Presence
In our records, we cannot confirm your time in Canada before you became a permanent resident (PR)."

Now my father, for a part of his eligibility period was here in Canada on a Super Visa. We calculated 50% credit for the time he spent in Canada on a Super Visa. Which is his case was 365 days (Maximum Allowed).

How do we prove his presence in Canada before becoming a PR?
What documents should we attach to show his presence in Canada before PR?

Appreciate all responses in advance!

Thanks
Hi
May I know if you can find a way to solve the problem. The same thing happened to me!
What have you done so far?

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hi
May I know if you can find a way to solve the problem. The same thing happened to me!
What have you done so far?
I received the same when I applied in October 2021, I was told to reapply I did so in Jan 2022, then I received the same message. I then reapplied in March 2022. I requested my travel records from the CBSA via a privacy request for the entire time concerned. I provided both my US passport and PR card number so the CBSA would provide complete travel information. I also made an FOIA request of the US CBP for the same information. Together with my COPR which has a first arrived date I sent all of that as additional documents when I reapplied in March and that time the app went thru and I got an AOR.

Reactions: mukomana

larrissa2016

Mar 19, 2016
Not possible to book an appointment online for the passport office. Checked Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton. Did a walk-in yesterday. Everybody was helpful. Express pick up scheduled for 27th. Good luck.
No, its walk in - Mississauga office. 2 - 3 hours time taken from entry to exit...
Interesting! I’m in Windsor ON, the passport office here has an appointment booking schedule on their website. And their earliest available appointment was July 12, which is quite far away; So I did a walk-in application and it was accepted. Overall processing time is about 2 weeks, without express service.