+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

Leonardovfs

Apr 12, 2022
Hey guys, my application has over 6 months (I know there’re people with longer time) since I completed the test and I haven’t heard anything back since then. LPP is still in progress. I applied for notes but never got anything (how long does it take?), called IRCC but the agent just repeated several time “it’s still within the processing time”… is there anything else I can do? Or just sit and wait if and when they will decide to work on my application? Thank you
Don’t know if it was a big coincidence or what, but I called them yesterday and today I got an update inviting me for an interview on Teams. Can I be outside of Canada for this interview? The interview if for next week. It doesn’t say anything on the letter and I have a very important appointment there on the exact date.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Don’t know if it was a big coincidence or what, but I called them yesterday and today I got an update inviting me for an interview on Teams. Can I be outside of Canada for this interview? The interview if for next week. It doesn’t say anything on the letter and I have a very important appointment there on the exact date.
Yes, you can be outside of Canada for the interview. You have to be in Canada for the Oath. My friend did interview outside of Canada. No problems. Make sure you have your documents you submitted, in case they ask to verify them. Good luck.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Received the oath ceremony email today: it is scheduled for the 18th over a Zoom call.

Good luck, y’all!

Application timeline:
Family application
May 09, 2023: Oath of Citizenship in Progress
Apr 17, 2023: Language skills, Prohibitions and Physical presence status updated to Completed.
Oct 31, 2022: Citizenship test Completed.
Oct 14, 2022: Scheduled to take citizenship test
Oct 7, 2022: Citizenship test status In progress.
Jun 29, 2022: Background verification updated to Completed.
Apr 11, 2022: Application filed, AOR
Mar 26, 2022: Sent Application to IRCC

Reactions: smash1984

Leonardovfs

Apr 12, 2022
Yes, you can be outside of Canada for the interview. You have to be in Canada for the Oath. My friend did interview outside of Canada. No problems. Make sure you have your documents you submitted, in case they ask to verify them. Good luck.
Awesome!! So good to know that! I’ll be only one night outside of Canada and they scheduled it right at that day. It’s fine for the oath. Thanks for all the tips.

Just one more thing if you don’t mind… did it take long after the interview for the oath for your friend?

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Awesome!! So good to know that! I’ll be only one night outside of Canada and they scheduled it right at that day. It’s fine for the oath. Thanks for all the tips.

Just one more thing if you don’t mind… did it take long after the interview for the oath for your friend?
He had the interview on September 22nd and his Oath was scheduled for October 31st. Scarborough office, online application.

esse

Jun 21, 2021

I just saw that your application and mine are 2 days apart and we are both from Toronto. Hoping my Oath date is somewhat close. I have been waiting since November 28th. Good luck to both of us and to those who are also waiting...

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I just saw that your application and mine are 2 days apart and we are both from Toronto. Hoping my Oath date is somewhat close. I have been waiting since November 28th. Good luck to both of us and to those who are also waiting...
No news is good news :D

• Haha
Reactions: esse

Leonardovfs

Apr 12, 2022
Ohh didn’t know. So hoping for you to have an update soon as well. And everybody else too! Over a year in this process is way too much!

• Love
Reactions: esse

Aeria

Dec 5, 2022
After 14 month, all I have had from Montreal office was the test invitation. No single other step completed or at least updated and its so unacceptable and frustrating. Is there anyone else on same boat with me?

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
After 14 month, all I have had from Montreal office was the test invitation. No single other step completed or at least updated and its so unacceptable and frustrating. Is there anyone else on same boat with me?
I am entering month 15 soon.....nothing since 2022 December ...only Bg and test completed.
I am frustrated to be honest. My partner already got passport and we applied the same time.

Did you submit in french or English?

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
Following up with my previous post, I just emailed SCR office about my oath ceremony (that’s where all the IRCC emails came from) and they replied that my case is now with Missisauga office instead. Still waiting for the exact date.

Physical Days: 1096
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application Submitted: March 8, 2022
AOR: April 10, 2022
Processing office: Scarborough
Background Check Completed: October 24, 2022
Test Invite: November 9, 2022 (Window: Nov 11- Dec 1)
Test Completed: November 20, 2022
Status update: November 21, 2022
LPP completed: May 1, 2023
Status update: May 3, 2023
Oath ceremony: Not started

I've been a read-only person on this forum but really wanna hop on to encourage everyone to keep their hopes up! Looks like they're clearing up applications.