+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

alexkan007

Oct 31, 2022
Good morning. Hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to reach out to ask about the usual timeline for the oath ceremony. How long does it typically take to receive the oath date after completing the LPP? I understand that the timeframe may vary based on several factors, but any guidance or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Quick question - when someone is invited for an interview as part of the citizenship application process, what could be the potential reasons? Is there anything specific the applicant needs to be prepped for? My wife has her interview next week and is slightly anxious about it. Any perspectives will be helpful, thanks!
P.S - we both applied online at the same time and our applications are similar so it's just surprising she was invited for an interview and I wasn't.
The interview is random. Not everyone is required to have it. One of my friends had the citizenship test outside of Canada and he was required to have an interview.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Good morning. Hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to reach out to ask about the usual timeline for the oath ceremony. How long does it typically take to receive the oath date after completing the LPP? I understand that the timeframe may vary based on several factors, but any guidance or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.
On the website, it says 4-6 months from the citizenship test you will be scheduled for the Oath. Keep in mind that is for most cases. But, there is no fixed date or time frame to give you a definite answer. With the current strike, it might take a while more.

Reactions: Aarti123

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Looks like its not applicable for her and so there will not be any movement for those activities. Mostly for kids the application completes when it completes for the parents.
Yes, that has been my assumption, too. However, since my wife's and my application have both been updated to indicate everything is complete except Oath Ceremony, I am a little concerned why my daughter's application still says only Prohibitions is complete.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes, that has been my assumption, too. However, since my wife's and my application have both been updated to indicate everything is complete except Oath Ceremony, I am a little concerned why my daughter's application still says only Prohibitions is complete.
It doesn't matter. Your Oath invite will result in her having it too.

me_lad

May 20, 2017
Oath invitation finally
Niagara Office

Aor: March 2022
Test December 13 2022
LPP: Feb 16 2023
Oath Invitation: April 20th ( Scheduled for May 9)
Same here:

Niagara office
AOR: March 2022
Test: May 2022
LPP: March 2023
OATH: May 2023

Did you receive an email?

SSDCA

Sep 21, 2015
I have received my GCMS notes yesterday and I was not surprised to see that they have not started working on my application.
NO notes at all. All they sent back to me was my documentation which i submitted a year back :D
Now i know why my background check is also in progress. Although very surprised that I received citizenship test invite back in november. Anyways, with the strike on now, the timelines will be impacted.

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
I have received my GCMS notes yesterday and I was not surprised to see that they have not started working on my application.
NO notes at all. All they sent back to me was my documentation which i submitted a year back :D
Now i know why my background check is also in progress. Although very surprised that I received citizenship test invite back in november. Anyways, with the strike on now, the timelines will be impacted.
Hi
When did you apply for the gcms notes

ssubha

Feb 8, 2023
Finally, some updates:

Apr 18, 2023: LPP completed. Apr 20, 2023 (updated):
Nov 18, 2022: Citizenship test Completed.
Nov 10, 2022: Citizenship scheduled.
Oct 27, 2022: BGV completed
Apr 14, 2022: Application filed, AOR
Mar 22, 2022: Sent Application to IRCC

I'm unsure of how long will it take to receive an Oath/Citizenship Ceremony mail.