+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Quick question - when someone is invited for an interview as part of the citizenship application process, what could be the potential reasons? Is there anything specific the applicant needs to be prepped for? My wife has her interview next week and is slightly anxious about it. Any perspectives will be helpful, thanks!
P.S - we both applied online at the same time and our applications are similar so it's just surprising she was invited for an interview and I wasn't.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Quick question - when someone is invited for an interview as part of the citizenship application process, what could be the potential reasons? Is there anything specific the applicant needs to be prepped for? My wife has her interview next week and is slightly anxious about it. Any perspectives will be helpful, thanks!
P.S - we both applied online at the same time and our applications are similar so it's just surprising she was invited for an interview and I wasn't.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/meeting-with-citizenship-officer.789728/post-10420661
This should answer your query

Reactions: nandy70772

Canada_2022

Mar 7, 2022
How long before the ceremony date did they send you notice to appear?
Exactly 2 weeks prior to the date of the ceremony. But from what I have read on this forum and otherwise, there is no consistency... some received their official notice email just a week or 5 days prior to the date of the ceremony.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Hello all, my application received an update yesterday and everything has changed to 'Completed' except the Citizenship Ceremony, and this is true for my wife's application status, too. However, only 'Prohibitions' has been marked 'Completed' in my daughter's application; I am not able make anything out of it - is this normal?

Application timeline:
Family application
Apr 17, 2023: Language skills, Prohibitions and Physical presence status updated to Completed.​
Oct 31, 2022: Citizenship test Completed.​
Oct 14, 2022: Scheduled to take citizenship test​
Oct 7, 2022: Citizenship test status In progress.​
Jun 29, 2022: Background verification updated to Completed.​
Apr 11, 2022: Application filed, AOR​
Mar 26, 2022: Sent Application to IRCC​

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all, my application received an update yesterday and everything has changed to 'Completed' except the Citizenship Ceremony, and this is true for my wife's application status, too. However, only 'Prohibitions' has been marked 'Completed' in my daughter's application; I am not able make anything out of it - is this normal?

Application timeline:
Family application
Apr 17, 2023: Language skills, Prohibitions and Physical presence status updated to Completed.​
Is Language skills and Physical Presence applicable for your daughter?

esse

Jun 21, 2021

Application timeline:
Family application
Congrats which office are you with?

iainmac

Jan 10, 2023
Could any one give me an idea as to how many days did the certificate take to reach you after virtual oath ceremony from SCR office? My oath is on 26 Apr and I have to travel on 20 May.
I had my oath ceremony from SCR on April 12 and received my certificate in the mail today (19). I didn’t ask for it to be sent quickly as I’ve no travel plans.

Reactions: Aarti123

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Is Language skills and Physical Presence applicable for your daughter?
She is 9 - language skills requirement doesn’t apply. I provided the physical presence calculator for her too, along with the family application.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
She is 9 - language skills requirement doesn’t apply. I provided the physical presence calculator for her too, along with the family application.
Looks like its not applicable for her and so there will not be any movement for those activities. Mostly for kids the application completes when it completes for the parents.

yahyamisbah

Feb 6, 2013

Application timeline:
Family application
Looks like we are running parallel.LPP changed to completed on April 18th.Citi cere - Not started