+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
so with this labor strike coming up, we can basically expect our application process to shift down even further by a few months. Ugh
I hope they can reach an agreement. It’s only in Canada that you see a lot of unions go on strike all the time for doing their jobs and getting paid just like everyone else. I find that these unionised workers take the piss and do mediocre work yet expect so much in return. People who work in non unionised jobs suck it up and do their jobs which they have been paid to do and if they don’t like it, they apply for another job. This is why a lot of them stay in the same job for 50 years because they won’t cut it in environments where you actually do the job you are paid to do! Very Lazy in my opinion

Everyday strike in Canada, Lord have mercy!

Reactions: Siddikid87

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I hope they can reach an agreement. It’s only in Canada that you see a lot of unions go on strike all the time for doing their jobs and getting paid just like everyone else. I find that these unionised workers take the piss and do mediocre work yet expect so much in return. People who work in non unionised jobs suck it up and do their jobs which they have been paid to do and if they don’t like it, they apply for another job. This is why a lot of them stay in the same job for 50 years because they won’t cut it in environments where you actually do the job you are paid to do! Very Lazy in my opinion

Everyday strike in Canada, Lord have mercy!
I agree, partly. But it is hard to not see the benefits of being unionized if you are an employee.

almarenco

Apr 26, 2018
Question, how does one know which office is processing? Mine ended up being in Alberta - which is random as I live in Ontario, but applied in Vancouver, and I am now a citizen. but my wife, who applied the same day has not even had her oath scheduled. I did do my test first - Hers was Nov 21... trying to figure out if I can help shed some more light as to the pattern of those whose applications are stuck.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Question, how does one know which office is processing? Mine ended up being in Alberta - which is random as I live in Ontario, but applied in Vancouver, and I am now a citizen. but my wife, who applied the same day has not even had her oath scheduled. I did do my test first - Hers was Nov 21... trying to figure out if I can help shed some more light as to the pattern of those whose applications are stuck.
The name of the processing office is in the email address from which you receive the test invite.

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Quick update - my wife, who had completed her test back in November and had been waiting for LPP to be completed since, just saw an update on the portal that she's been scheduled for the citizenship ceremony on the 25th of April. LPP still pending, lol. SCR office.

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Quick update - my wife, who had completed her test back in November and had been waiting for LPP to be completed since, just saw an update on the portal that she's been scheduled for the citizenship ceremony on the 25th of April. LPP still pending, lol. SCR office.
congrats to you and your wife..my oath ceremony is on the 25th as well (SCR office). Can you please update here when you receive the oath invitation email?

esse

Jun 21, 2021

Congrats. This news is refreshing. When was the update and when did your wife complete her test?

esse

Jun 21, 2021
congrats to you and your wife..my oath ceremony is on the 25th as well (SCR office). Can you please update here when you receive the oath invitation email?
Congrats to you too. Maybe applications started moving again. Fingers crossed. You and I have similar timeline. My AOR is April 13th. When did you have that update?

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Congrats to you too. Maybe applications started moving again. Fingers crossed. You and I have similar timeline. My AOR is April 13th. When did you have that update?
I got LPP completed on March 6 (tracker updated on March 8) and same day oath was scheduled for April 25 (tracker updated on March 8). My test was completed on Nov 30, 2022 on the tracker. I did email SCR office asking for an update and got no reply but LPP was completed. I am not sure if it's just a coincidence or my email actually worked lol.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I got LPP completed on March 6 (tracker updated on March 8) and same day oath was scheduled for April 25 (tracker updated on March 8). My test was completed on Nov 30, 2022 on the tracker. I did email SCR office asking for an update and got no reply but LPP was completed. I am not sure if it's just a coincidence or my email actually worked lol.
I email them about a recent status report and got a generic reply. Congrats :)

Reactions: johnyrose