+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Same here! I do not know what shall we do? Just keep waiting until everyone receives citizenship but us....
I just talked to my representative. She said nothing can be done and we have to patiently wait. She informed me that at times another officer other than the the case officer assigned to our case might want to take a look at our file for whatever reason. On the web page, is says 4-6 months after the test one will get scheduled for the Oath. One might get an Oath invitation even after six months. Sorry, I don't have better news for those who are waiting. Fingers crossed, prayers are sent your way for those who are waiting.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Same here! I do not know what shall we do? Just keep waiting until everyone receives citizenship but us....
On the bright side, no news is good news. If any info is needed, they will contact us. So, no communication means everything is in order. I am hoping we will hear about the Oath ceremony sometime in May or June. I have not looked at the application tracker sheet circulating in this forum but it is just the November 20 to November 30, 2022 applications seem to be stuck. Somebody correct me if I am wrong or inaccurate. I know people who waited 2.5 years for their citizenship. Don't get discouraged, don't lose hope. We will get there. We have come this far.

Reactions: alexkan007

alexkan007

Oct 31, 2022
On the bright side, no news is good news. If any info is needed, they will contact us. So, no communication means everything is in order. I am hoping we will hear about the Oath ceremony sometime in May or June. I have not looked at the application tracker sheet circulating in this forum but it is just the November 20 to November 30, 2022 applications seem to be stuck. Somebody correct me if I am wrong or inaccurate. I know people who waited 2.5 years for their citizenship. Don't get discouraged, don't lose hope. We will get there. We have come this far.
I agree. Let's keep our hopes up. My wife passed her test in early November and everything was fine. The issue seems to be with people who took the test between November 20th and 30th, 2022. Perhaps the idea that the officer is on leave or vacation is a realistic possibility.

ssubha

Feb 8, 2023
I completed my test on the 18th of November. LPP is still pending—ghost update on 2nd March, and no update since then.

jnam

Nov 11, 2018
I completed my test on November 10th. Citizenship test and background check has been completed. But LPP is still pending , there was a ghost update on March 2nd and nothing since then. Its almost 5 months and no update, seems like file is not moving to the next step.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I completed my test on November 10th. Citizenship test and background check has been completed. But LPP is still pending , there was a ghost update on March 2nd and nothing since then. Its almost 5 months and no update, seems like file is not moving to the next step.
hey my friend, join the many people who are waiting like you. We were just brainstorming as to why the hold up is. I am sure we will eventually have an update. No one seems to have a clear answer. We are all just guessing and hoping. Good luck the rest of the way.

sajjarapu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Add me to the list too!! Even though it’s sad that we are the unlucky chosen ones.. but its god ThatThere is a pattern.. may be all our files are together and once one of us starts seeing progress, that might be a sign that all others will have an update too soon..my processing office is vancouver though

also good news the processing time has further come down to 22 months today.. hopeful it will further come down next couple months and we all be done by then!!

Reactions: smash1984

Khoabonmat

Oct 2, 2017
Finally, I reached to the end of journey, became Canadian Citizen. Good luck everyone who is waiting for result.

Please update tracker.

Type: Online application.
Physical Presence Days: 1,097.
Application: Single.
Application sent: Mar 5, 2022.
Delivered: Mar 5, 2022.
AOR: Apr 6, 2022.
In process: Apr 7, 2022.
BG Check Completed: Oct 18, 2022.
Test Invitation Sent: Nov 23, 2022.
Test Invitation Received: Nov 24, 2022.
Test Windows: Nov 28, 2022 to Dec 18, 2022.
Test Done: Nov 28, 2022.
Test Completed: Dec 14, 2022.
Passport Requested: Dec 21, 2022.
Passport Submitted: Dec 21, 2022.
Interview Required: Feb 18, 2023.
Interview Completed: Feb 23, 2023.
Language skills: Feb 24, 2023.
Prohibition: Feb 24, 2023.
Physical presence: Feb 24, 2023.
Citizenship Ceremony: In progress (Updated: Mar 6, 2023).
Citizenship Oath: Apr 4, 2023 (Virtual) Saskatchewan Hosted.
Citizenship Closed: Apr 7, 2023.

niushad

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
I took my citizenship test on June. I had no updates (other than the ghost ones) since June 29. Still waiting ...

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I took my citizenship test on June. I had no updates (other than the ghost ones) since June 29. Still waiting ...
According to the "no news is good news theory", you have been bathing in good news since June.

I would apply for GCMS notes if I were you.

I actually applied for them twice, but never received them. Now I have put in a complaint. Let's see if they release them now

esse

Jun 21, 2021
According to the "no news is good news theory", you have been bathing in good news since June.

I would apply for GCMS notes if I were you.

I actually applied for them twice, but never received them. Now I have put in a complaint. Let's see if they release them now
You know I did not come up with "no news theory" right