Mar 22, 2018
Hello,
I am new to this forum. My timeline is:

Processing office: Niagara
Application sent: March 22
AOR:April 14
BG check competed: Oct 27
Test invite: Feb 17-Mrach 9

I've a question. Do we have to book the time slot for the test or can we take the test anytime on any day between these dates including weekends?

Second ques, is there any online app or website you'd suggest to practice test questions? Any paid or free apps?

Thank you
Click on the link in the email sent to you and it will take you to the page and follow the instructions. You can do the training any time you like online within the window you have been provided. You do not have to book a slot.

I personally thought the test was sooo easy! All you need is to read the discover canada book also on the canada.ca website. There’s an audio version. All you need is in that book imo so should be fine.
Good luck

preet0329

Feb 24, 2023
Click on the link in the email sent to you and it will take you to the page and follow the instructions. You can do the training any time you like online within the window you have been provided. You do not have to book a slot.

I personally thought the test was sooo easy! All you need is to read the discover canada book also on the canada.ca website. There’s an audio version. All you need is in that book imo so should be fine.
Good luck

Thank you!

Reactions: Forevergrateful

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello,
I am new to this forum. My timeline is:

Application sent: March 22
AOR:April 14
BG check competed: Oct 27
Test invite: Feb 17-Mrach 9

I've a question. Do we have to book the time slot for the test or can we take the test anytime on any day between these dates including weekends?

Second ques, is there any online app or website you'd suggest to practice test questions? Any paid or free apps?

Thank you

I got the invite on Feb 17 and my test window was Feb 24-mar 16 I took the test at 1 am on Feb 4 1 hour after the test was available online I could not wait.(so no wait and you do not need to book it)

I have never read the book (I hate reading)

But I used these:

I kept practicing over and over,(until I passed all these tests) and I did the test and got 20/20 in 9 min total, the test is common sense questions and some dates.

Good luck

preet0329

Feb 24, 2023
I got the invite on Feb 17 and my test window was Feb 24-mar 16 I took the test at 1 am on Feb 4 1 hour after the test was available online I could not wait.(so no wait and you do not need to book it)

I have never read the book (I hate reading)

But I used these:

I kept practicing over and over,(until I passed all these tests) and I did the test and got 20/20 in 9 min total, the test is common sense questions and some dates.

Good luck
Thank you so much!

Win_L

Aug 12, 2018
Finally!! Some updates on my application -

Processing office: SCR
Physical Days: 1155
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: March 06, 2022
Delivered: March 06, 2022
AOR: April 07, 2022
BG Completed: October 26, 2022
Test invitation received: Nov 03, 2022
Test window: Nov 11 to Dec 01, 2022
Test taken: Nov 13, 2022
Test completed: Nov 14, 2022
LPP completed: Feb 21, 2022 (updated on Feb 23)
Citizenship ceremony: Not Started

Request the admin to update the Google Sheet tracker too. Fingers crossed... waiting for the invitation now! :)
similar timeline here…
submitted my application on the same day, but test completed on 28Nov…
wish i can have an update sooon

Canada_2022

Mar 7, 2022
Finally!! Some updates on my application -

Processing office: SCR
Physical Days: 1155
Applicants: Single
Application sent: March 06, 2022
Delivered: March 06, 2022
AOR: April 07, 2022
BG Completed: October 26, 2022
Test invitation received: Nov 03, 2022
Test window: Nov 11 to Dec 01, 2022
Test taken: Nov 13, 2022
Test completed: Nov 14, 2022
LPP completed: Feb 21, 2022 (updated on Feb 23)
Citizenship ceremony: Not Started

Request the admin to update the Google Sheet tracker too. Fingers crossed... waiting for the invitation now! :)
Received an update on the online tracker that my citizenship ceremony is scheduled for April 12. Waiting for the formal notice to come via email.

Reactions: johnyrose

Decabrinka

Feb 8, 2019
Applicants: 1 applicant
2022 March 7, Application sent
2022 April 7, AOR
2022 Oct 19, Background Completed
2023 Jan 26, updated: Citizenship test (3 - 23 FEB)
2023 FEB 25, updated: Citizenship test Completed

Language Skills: In Progress
Physical Presence: In Progress
Prohibitions: In Progress

Leena_m

Aug 4, 2017
Hi, so I applied in March 2022 and I wrote my test in December 2022. Here's the problem: you're supposed to send scanned copies of your passport within 30 days to an email address mentioned in the email notification they send you. It's mentioned right at the end of the attachment and I missed it because I thought the text was part of the technical requirements section :rolleyes:. Needless to say, it's triggered an interview.
Question: what will I be asked during the interview? I haven't received the email yet. I have an Indian passport which contains text in both English and Hindi, does it still need to be translated?
For those who haven't applied yet: apply on paper! Online application takes longer.
Those who haven't completed the test: Don't forget the send in the scans of your passports!!

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi, so I applied in March 2022 and I wrote my test in December 2022. Here's the problem: you're supposed to send scanned copies of your passport within 30 days to an email address mentioned in the email notification they send you. It's mentioned right at the end of the attachment and I missed it because I thought the text was part of the technical requirements section :rolleyes:. Needless to say, it's triggered an interview.
Question: what will I be asked during the interview? I haven't received the email yet. I have an Indian passport which contains text in both English and Hindi, does it still need to be translated?
For those who haven't applied yet: apply on paper! Online application takes longer.
Those who haven't completed the test: Don't forget the send in the scans of your passports!!
What do you mean by you’re supposed to send scanned copies of passport? Is this a requirement for everyone?

Leena_m

Aug 4, 2017
What do you mean by you’re supposed to send scanned copies of passport? Is this a requirement for everyone?
I mean, when you receive the email notification for your test, there is a section at the end of the pdf attachment that mentions that I need to send scanned copies of all my passports to them within 30 days of receiving the email. I’m not sure if this is a requirement for everyone (I distinctly remember another friend doing the same) or if I was asked to send it because I had uploaded only the bio pages of my passports or if it is mandatory for those who apply online.

kinetic2214

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
22-May-2014
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2013
Med's Request
20-May-2014
Med's Done....
14-July-2014
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
02-Feb-2015
Can someone please update the tracker? My application returned in March and following are my new dates:

Physical Days: 1,122
Applicants: 1 applicant (age > 54)
Application sent: April 10, 2022
Delivered: Online
AOR: April 27, 2022
Background Check Complete: November 1, 2022
Can someone please update the tracker?
Physical Presence : Complete - 21-Feb-2023
Prohibitions : Complete - 21-Feb-2023

Does anyone know, for Age 55+ do we see Language and citizenship test status to be marked complete?
We didnt get any email on the updates as well? How would we know if they have requested Oath?

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I mean, when you receive the email notification for your test, there is a section at the end of the pdf attachment that mentions that I need to send scanned copies of all my passports to them within 30 days of receiving the email. I’m not sure if this is a requirement for everyone (I distinctly remember another friend doing the same) or if I was asked to send it because I had uploaded only the bio pages of my passports or if it is mandatory for those who apply online.
Interesting, because mine after the test details section then it’s rescheduling and accommodation.

what section is this to provide a scanned copy of your passport?

it seems this is only done for select few.

APayes13

Nov 16, 2022
Hi, my oath ceremony is for next Monday the 6th and I still haven't received the email with the details... what should I do? who should I contact and where? any suggestions

raj1306

Aug 14, 2018
Hi, my oath ceremony is for next Monday the 6th and I still haven't received the email with the details... what should I do? who should I contact and where? any suggestions
how did you know your Oath ceremony is scheduled on 6th, if you haven't received an email? just curious to know