+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

Logged into my online tracker after days of not checking it to see an update made today. Not sure what the update is. Has that * 1 new update in the application history. I will probably find out soon however what’s weird is that my background check that was completed has now changed to in progress.

what’s going on?
I logged in to my wife's application today and there was a ghost update - nothing visibly different in the profile. She had her background check complete october 27th so lets hope this means citizenship test comes soon.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Hello everyone,

SOMETHING STRANGE HAPPENED in my tracker, and makes me real worried.

So, I am a March (ONLINE) applicant. My background was completed on Oct-21-2022 (updated on tracker in background section as Completed).

I received citizenship test request on October 22, 2022. I have given test on Oct 28, 2022. The result was updated on Oct 31 2022 in the tracker (Citizenship Test) as 'COMPLETED' all this time. All the other sections showing as 'In Progress'

Today, I logged in to the tracker, and the Citizenship test section is showing as 'Not started' and it disappeared from the timeline as well. But the background is still showing as completed, and is still on the timeline on the tracker.

What the hell happened? What should I do about it? can anyone help or any leads who to contact and how to contact? Please help
Same for me. My test was updated on the platform as completed on Nov 10

today i can see Platform updated on December 13 and citizenship test status moved back to in progress.

Hoping for oath scheduling soon

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Oh no, now you will make me log into my tracker to see if there is something similar there.

Today is my 8th day since I last checked the portal.

The background check will go back to complete. It means there has been progress on your application.
I think it worth checking with all these new ghost updates today.
Had my background check completed October 29th which disappeared today.

I rang IRCC last week Thursday and I was told that my processing office was Niagara. I decided there was no point checking the tracker daily because of how low they have become.

let’s see what the coming days bring

Reactions: PQPvancouver

Khoabonmat

Oct 2, 2017
Same for me. My test was updated on the platform as completed on Nov 10

today i can see Platform updated on December 13 and citizenship test status moved back to in progress.

Hoping for oath scheduling soon

Hello bro/sis,

Same thing like me.

BG completed on Oct 18. I had Test Invitation from Nov 28 to Dec 19, I got test done on Nov 28, but when I checked the tracker, there was still a message "waiting for you".

Today, I logged in the tracker, I saw Ghost Updated Ded 13, the Test was back "Not Started". Very confused.

Luce13

Oct 30, 2018
I got the same update today. Citizenship test changed to Not Started from Completed and the updates removed below even though it says I have two new updates. Seems too widespread to mean good news instead of a glitch but I'm hopeful it does still lol

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
Logged into my online tracker after days of not checking it to see an update made today. Not sure what the update is. Has that * 1 new update in the application history. I will probably find out soon however what’s weird is that my background check that was completed has now changed to in progress.

what’s going on?
Samething happened with me today. Background check changed to IN PROGRESS from Completed.

PQPvancouver

Nov 17, 2021
Happened to me too, my test was complete 25th, it changed to green and compete on Dec 6th and now its back to "not started" with a ghost update today

immietc

Nov 1, 2020
Hi guys,

My status of knowledge test changed to in progress from completed and I was searching and found this thread. See below is my timeline.

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence: In Progress
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: March 16, 2022
AOR: April 21, 2022
BGC Completed : October 24, 2022
Test Invite : November 3, 2022 (Nov 7 - Nov 27)
Test Completed on : November 21, 2022
Test status changed to Completed: Dec 2, 2022
Test status changed to In Progress again: Dec 13, 2022
Language : In progress
Prohibitions:
In progress
Citizenship Ceremony :
Not started

Last edited:

motun2022

Dec 13, 2022
I have seen a few people reported previously completed status back to in progress. Saw same thing on my tracker this evening and was quite worried until I checked in here.
Guess there is a technical glitch from IRCC.
Keep fingers crossed.

Timeline

Physical Days: 1,190
Method: Online
Applicant: single applicant
Application sent: Feb 18, 2022
AOR: Mar 23, 2022
Called IRCC: Sept 28,2022
In Progress: Oct 06, 2022
Background Verification completed: Oct 06,2022
Test notice received: Oct 21, 2022
Test window: Oct 24-Nov 14
Test taken: Nov 04,2022
Notice to upload clear ID: Nov 15,2022
Citizenship test completed: Nov 16,2022
Language skills, prohibitions, background verification, physical presence all completed: Dec 02,2022
Ghost update: Dec 06/2022
Language skills, physical appearance, citizenship test, background verification, prohibitions" all back to in progress: Dec 13,2022
Citizenship ceremony: not started

Last edited:

Canada_2022

Mar 7, 2022
Even I am in the same boat. I checked the portal this evening and found that my test status has moved back to "not started". I completed the test on Nov 13, and the status had changed to completed on Nov 14. Looks like a widespread glitch on their platform.

Forevergrateful

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
logged back in this morning and everything has gone back to what it was with background

what’s going on?
logged back in this morning and everything has gone back to what it was with background check now showing as completed . Looks like it was just a glitch and no real new update.
They need to get a better tracking tool. Ridiculous

STEPHOa

Dec 9, 2016
I am in the same boat guys. Took my test Nov 25th and a couple of days later it changed to completed. Today I log on and see that it is now back to in progress. I was scared for a moment lol, good to know I am not the only one with this random update.