+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Hello folks. Have updates and a question

Received Test invitation on 05 Nov (window 11Nov-01 Dec), completed test on 01 Dec. Updated online on 06 Dec that test completed on 2nd Dec. BG completed 25 Oct

Prohibitions, Language and PP are now pending

Question
Just realized - When I submitted the application, I don’t recall if I provide copies of all pages of passport. Is this part of BG? I would have 99% provided it, just not 100% sure. Gave biometric pages for sure. Will they ask for it if I have not? Do I go ahead with a web form and provide just in case I had not provided ? I’d rather just send it than wait for them to ask.
It's better to do what pleases you. There's no right or wrong answer. In paper applications, they asked to copy all passport pages, for online they ask for only the bio page. If IRCC hasn't asked for it by now, chances are that they do not need it. I'll have the copies ready in case they ask for them at all.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
I had my test on November 25th and it is not marked as completed. I have seen people who had test after me and their tests are marked as completed. Should I be worried?

mrjayd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28/03/2018
IELTS Request
4/04/2018
Med's Done....
5/04/2018
Passport Req..
1-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2018
LANDED..........
28-01-2019
I had my test on November 25th and it is not marked as completed. I have seen people who had test after me and their tests are marked as completed. Should I be worried?
It use to be 2 - 3 working days, now it's like 2 -3 weeks if not more.. IRCC is getting worse.

• Love
Reactions: esse

immitk

Jan 31, 2019
You might be right! The Niagara office could be swamped, as I've seen on this forum, that they were transferring files left and right, to this office (from other areas), because it was initially moving very quickly and had a "light load".

I'm an April applicant from St. Catharines, and by all rights, my application should have gone to Niagara Falls, since I live RIGHT NEXT DOOR to Niagara Falls!

I got a citizenship test update on my tracker on November 26th, and I was shocked and surprised, when the email I got on Nov 30th, came from the Scarborough Office!! I was totally expecting it to be from Niagara falls! I think they are now sending files which should actually go to Niagara (like mine), to other offices, to ease the backlog that has formed at Niagara. So I think you guys should see some movement shortly.
Hello neighbour! :) I am from St. Catharines as well. I'm glad your file is moving, and citizenship is closer.
AOR - Apr 8
Background Completed - Oct 19
No emails, no ghost updates :( Waiting......

Your theory about Niagara office may be correct. My file most likely was transferred to the farthest office :)

Reactions: 747-captain

RDSMS

Feb 27, 2017
Hi,
My family took the citizenship oath on Nov 9th. It was processed through the Niagara office. After the oath neither is our status on the online tracker updated nor did we receive the citizenship certificate. we had a road trip planned to meet family for Christmas. Would any of you experts have any suggestions on what we can do apart from canceling the plans?

snapjet

Dec 3, 2022
I think its been well established from a number of posts on here that there is some serious throttling of applications going on at the Niagara Falls office, maybe they want to curb their fiscal year numbers since they have almost hit them to make sure they can get a nice bump starting Apr 1 but NGF has not been been making any forward progress on 2022 applications

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Has anyone with online applications on the Scarborough office received any updates in the past few weeks? It feels like they've completely stopped working.

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Do you still meet the 1095 days if you take into account your undeclared trips? If you do then send a webform with the updated physical presence calculator along with proof of travel. If you DON'T meet the 1095 days then it is best to withdraw your application as soon as possible.

Just my thoughts - please do your own research. Thanks!
Thanks for the response, @johnyrose . The no of days remain unaffected (~1100). This is because my trip to Vienna (5 days in Nov 2018) was during my "absence" to Ireland ( Oct 2018 to Feb 2019), which I already listed in the Physical calculator document. The rule is if there are more than one countries of visit during one absence, select the destination you first entered, and then in the reason section mention names of the other countries you visited.

I really like your idea of sending a new Physical Calculator document. However, I already filled the webform and informed them in writing that I missed mentioning about my trip to Vienna during the time I was away in Ireland for 5 months (included the dates and reason of travel to Vienna). I sent the same message to the email ID of the office processing my application too. I did not include a new Physical Calculator document or proof of travel (as proof was never really required in the initial application).

Do you think what I have done so far is enough, or should I resubmit the web form with a new Physical Presence calculator?

Thank you

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Hello folks. Have updates and a question

Received Test invitation on 05 Nov (window 11Nov-01 Dec), completed test on 01 Dec. Updated online on 06 Dec that test completed on 2nd Dec. BG completed 25 Oct

Prohibitions, Language and PP are now pending

Question
Just realized - When I submitted the application, I don’t recall if I provide copies of all pages of passport. Is this part of BG? I would have 99% provided it, just not 100% sure. Gave biometric pages for sure. Will they ask for it if I have not? Do I go ahead with a web form and provide just in case I had not provided ? I’d rather just send it than wait for them to ask.
When it comes to my case, I have not submitted all pages of my passport at all with my application. I received a separate request from IRCC together with my test invitation. So I believe if you have missed it and if they need all the pages they will contact you.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
It's better to do what pleases you. There's no right or wrong answer. In paper applications, they asked to copy all passport pages, for online they ask for only the bio page. If IRCC hasn't asked for it by now, chances are that they do not need it. I'll have the copies ready in case they ask for them at all.
I received a request for all pages of the passport together with my test invite.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Hello friends,

I have a quick question about change of address. I was planning to submit my application this month from Toronto,ON, However I will be moving to Vancouver from May 2022 due to my work location. Is it okay if I submit my application right now and do a change of address after I move or is it better to submit my application after I move to Vancouver?
I appli

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Is it a common outcome to get language skills, Prohibitions and Physical Presence to be updated at the same time? I looked at past applicants timelines and noted many of them posted that the above 3 sectors were closed on the same day.