+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

88civic

Dec 5, 2022
Is it a common outcome to get language skills, Prohibitions and Physical Presence to be updated at the same time? I looked at past applicants timelines and noted many of them posted that the above 3 sectors were closed on the same day.
It happened on the same day for me !

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Background verification completed!

Physical Days: 1149
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: March 11, 2022
Delivered: March 11, 2022
AOR: April 11, 2022
GU: October 27, 2022
BG Completed: October 29, 2022
Test window: Nov 18 to Dec 8
Test taken: Dec 5
Status change to Test Completed: Dec 8

Please update the tracker, thanks!

kookoo88

Nov 12, 2022
Please read the conversations happened before your post. You will understand many things.
I already know about these conversations since ive been following the thread since the begining.

this message is only to be taken as a status update since there might be more people in the same boat if you understand what i mean bud

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Hello neighbour! :) I am from St. Catharines as well. I'm glad your file is moving, and citizenship is closer.
AOR - Apr 8
Background Completed - Oct 19
No emails, no ghost updates :( Waiting......

Your theory about Niagara office may be correct. My file most likely was transferred to the farthest office :)
Hey there!
nice to see another person from St. Catharines in these forums!

Yes, IRCC can be quite weird and random! For a while I thought my file was "stuck" because I saw so many other April applicants being called for the test. My GU was on Nov 5 and I did not get an update on the tracker for 21 days, and then suddenly I got an update and email for the test.

Since your background is "completed" you should be getting a call for the test any moment now. If they did send your file to a distant office, it could be moving just a bit slower! Like I said, I did not expect my file to go to Scarborough. Not sure how they're allocating these things!!

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
I had my test on November 25th and it is not marked as completed. I have seen people who had test after me and their tests are marked as completed. Should I be worried?
My file is at the Scarborough office, and I took the test on Sunday, December 4. It was marked "complete" yesterday, December 7. So the updating seems VERY RANDOM, most likely depending on the officer who is handling the file, and some other factors. For some it gets updated in 2 or 3 days, and for others it takes 3 weeks!

In another post, I explained how my BG verification was actually completed on November 7, but was not reflected on the tracker until November 26th!! So just because you don't see it on the tracker does not mean it's not done internally!

Reactions: esse and arthurbr

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I had my background check completed on Oct 25 and that last update was on Oct 27th. Since then no test invite or any other update.

I have been checking my portal twice a day since that last update. Very frustrating. So I have now decided to play the game that I had played at the beginning of my application submission. How long can I go without checking the portal.

I last checked the portal on Monday evening. So today is Day 3 of not checking the portal. Let's see how long this streak lasts.

Reactions: Sunny2049

crsid

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
I had my background check completed on Oct 25 and that last update was on Oct 27th. Since then no test invite or any other update.

I have been checking my portal twice a day since that last update. Very frustrating. So I have now decided to play the game that I had played at the beginning of my application submission. How long can I go without checking the portal.

I last checked the portal on Monday evening. So today is Day 3 of not checking the portal. Let's see how long this streak lasts.
Keep checking emails. Especially spam and promotions folder. I got test invite spam and oath to promotions folder. Sometimes you just get email and update on tracker.

esse

Jun 21, 2021

If you are using gmail, mark IRCC emails as important with a star. All the mails will get delivered to your inbox. Google gmail filters. Hope this helps.

Reactions: smash1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Keep checking emails. Especially spam and promotions folder. I got test invite spam and oath to promotions folder. Sometimes you just get email and update on tracker.
If you are using gmail, mark IRCC emails as important with a star. All the mails will get delivered to your inbox. Google gmail filters. Hope this helps.
Yes, I have IRCC on my starred list. But I still check spam folder every few days just to be sure.

It's really frustrating to check every day. So for my peace of mind, I want to stay away from the portal for as long as I can. If the email for the test comes, great. Otherwise I try to wait patiently.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
45 days since I sent my FP and nothing happens. Is that normal? Used to be 3 to 4 weeks right?
My wife submitted her FP on August 8th. On Sept 12th she had an update "we have received and will review them shortly." Nothing since, and its been 3 months. So yeah, while it is probably not normal because most people get it updated much sooner, but there are plenty of cases like yours as well.

Jazzy_21

Dec 8, 2022
Hi All
Can anyone please let me know if a passport is mandatory to take the citizenship test. My passport has been sent for a visa stamping by my company and I am wondering if the passport is checked before taking the test. Can anyone who completed the test recently throw some light? Will be highly grateful.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Hi All
Can anyone please let me know if a passport is mandatory to take the citizenship test. My passport has been sent for a visa stamping by my company and I am wondering if the passport is checked before taking the test. Can anyone who completed the test recently throw some light? Will be highly grateful.
You don't need a passport at all (I'm assuming you're taking the online test). All you need is a government issued ID, like a PR card or a drivers license.

borgams

Aug 9, 2022
Hi All
This information is very easy to find using google.