+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hi guys, would appreciate your advice on this please:

I applied for my citizenship application earlier this year. I was recently going through my passport and noticed that during one of my absences from Canada I travelled in two countries, however, I mentioned only one in the application on the physical presence calculation sheet.

Absence from Canada:
Travel to: Ireland
Date: October 2018 to Feb 2019
Reason: Work related

During this absence I had also made a 5 day trip to Austria (November 2018), which I completely forgot about and did not mention. I see that as per instructions I should have mentioned about this additional country that I visited in the “Reason for travel” section of the physical presence sheet. Please note that this trip does not change the no of physical days I was in Canada as this trip was undertaken when I was in Ireland.

I have recently appeared for my test and only now discovered this.

What should be my approach from here? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Benson1

Feb 8, 2022
Hi All, please can admin update the spreadsheet for my application:

Test Invite received: 10 Nov 2022
Test window: 11 Nov 2022 - 01 December 2022
Test taken: 29 Nov 2022
Test marked as completed: 06 December 2022
All other items still in progress
Thank you

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Hi guys, would appreciate your advice on this please:

I applied for my citizenship application earlier this year. I was recently going through my passport and noticed that during one of my absences from Canada I travelled in two countries, however, I mentioned only one in the application on the physical presence calculation sheet.

Absence from Canada:
Travel to: Ireland
Date: October 2018 to Feb 2019
Reason: Work related

During this absence I had also made a 5 day trip to Austria (November 2018), which I completely forgot about and did not mention. I see that as per instructions I should have mentioned about this additional country that I visited in the “Reason for travel” section of the physical presence sheet. Please note that this trip does not change the no of physical days I was in Canada as this trip was undertaken when I was in Ireland.

I have recently appeared for my test and only now discovered this.

What should be my approach from here? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Do you still meet the 1095 days if you take into account your undeclared trips? If you do then send a webform with the updated physical presence calculator along with proof of travel. If you DON'T meet the 1095 days then it is best to withdraw your application as soon as possible.

Just my thoughts - please do your own research. Thanks!

Reactions: wchaudhry and e-16

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Dear all, here is my time line.

Format: Online
Application filed: Mar 24, 2022
AOR: May 2022
Citizenship test Scheduled: Nov, 2022
Test completed: Nov, 2022

Except for the test, the rest is in progress.

Language skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Background verification: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress

Does it look normal to you?
I have been in Canada for the past 11 years. Havent left the country for the past 9 years.

Any feedback appreciated. Thank you
ps: is finger printing required for everyone or it will be mentioned in the profile somewhere? I had done biometrics a few years ago for my PGWP.
Why didn't you apply for your citizenship during earlier times when processing was more normal?

Everything looks normal. With your test completed, you might actually be ahead of the curve for March 2022 applicants.

Muslimgirl

Jul 7, 2017
Hi All, please can admin update the spreadsheet for my application:

Test Invite received: 10 Nov 2022
Test window: 11 Nov 2022 - 01 December 2022
Test taken: 29 Nov 2022
Test marked as completed: 06 December 2022
All other items still in progress
Thank you
Which office?

Reactions: esse

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Why didn't you apply for your citizenship during earlier times when processing was more normal?
I know this question isn't directed at me, but I've lived in Canada for over 10 years and my answer to this is simple: Procrastination.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018

Everything looks normal. With your test completed, you might actually be ahead of the curve for March 2022 applicants.
Some persons may have come through study visa and perhaps did bachelor's degree and continued to masters or even to PhD before getting Permanent residence. The years can go really fast. Plus many people assumed ircc shutdown during the pandemic so they waited until things eased up

Reactions: Aeria and smash1984

Aeria

Dec 5, 2022
Thanks for your replies, all. Reassuring. Reason for applying late was a little bit of all mentioned: PhD had to be finished (+6 years). Had a bit of struggle about how to go about French language requirement. Also procrastination, definitely. Couldn't see a pandemic coming in a few years either. Lessons learned, I hope :)

Reactions: smash1984

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks for your replies, all. Reassuring. Reason for applying late was a little bit of all mentioned: PhD had to be finished (+6 years). Had a bit of struggle about how to go about French language requirement. Also procrastination, definitely. Couldn't see a pandemic coming in a few years either. Lessons learned, I hope :)
Wow. I was mostly right lol. I have a few friends who also had long schooling periods. Some with 2 bachelor's degrees, some in the medical field that takes forever so I know how time can fly before they get off the study permit to permanent residence before citizenship application.

Reactions: Aeria

VR123

Dec 17, 2018
Hello folks. Have updates and a question

Received Test invitation on 05 Nov (window 11Nov-01 Dec), completed test on 01 Dec. Updated online on 06 Dec that test completed on 2nd Dec. BG completed 25 Oct

Prohibitions, Language and PP are now pending

Question
Just realized - When I submitted the application, I don’t recall if I provide copies of all pages of passport. Is this part of BG? I would have 99% provided it, just not 100% sure. Gave biometric pages for sure. Will they ask for it if I have not? Do I go ahead with a web form and provide just in case I had not provided ? I’d rather just send it than wait for them to ask.

Last edited: