+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I have the exact timeline as yours. Just 3-4 days different from yours and still waiting to see an update on Language skills, Prohibitions and Physical presence. What do we know about the time it would take from this point?
To be honest, i have no idea. IRCC seems to be so unpredictable with our (online) applications.

They are still prioritizing paper over online applications. Thays why we see so many paper applicants who applied even in April/May/June 2022 are already done with their oath, while online applicants from 2021 are still waiting.

This is so unfair but it is what it is. There is nothing much we can do except wait.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
To be honest, i have no idea. IRCC seems to be so unpredictable with our (online) applications.

They are still prioritizing paper over online applications. Thays why we see so many paper applicants who applied even in April/May/June 2022 are already done with their oath, while online applicants from 2021 are still waiting.

This is so unfair but it is what it is. There is nothing much we can do except wait.
You will have an interview because you took the test out of Canada. My friend did too and had to wait for 6 months. Nothing to worry about just document verification and chit - chat. The other steps will be completed after the interview and you will get invited for the Oath.

Reactions: kingfaisal

kamal12073

Nov 8, 2022
Hello, My Background check was completed on October 19th, and I got a ghost update on October 21st. After that, nothing happened, and I am still waiting to receive a test invite.
My AOR is April 6th, and I submitted my application on March 6th.

Is there anyone in the same situation as me? Is it normal? I can see most of the March and April applicants received test invites already.

I appreciate any input from you.
Thanks

Last edited:

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
Hello, My Background check was completed on November 19th, and I got a ghost update on October 21st. After that, nothing happened, and I am still waiting to receive a test invite.

Is there anyone in the same situation as me? Is it normal? I can see most of the March and April applicants received test invites already.

Thanks
My background check was completed on Nov 9th and received my AOR on April 4th. I am still waiting for my test invite.

kamal12073

Nov 8, 2022
My background check was completed on Nov 9th and received my AOR on April 4th. I am still waiting for my test invite.
Thank you. My BG actually completed on October 21st.
That is very frustrating! Do you know which office is handling your application? Mine is Niagara Fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: 747-captain

Kenvinal

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Whistler
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-11-2019
Hello, My Background check was completed on October 19th, and I got a ghost update on October 21st. After that, nothing happened, and I am still waiting to receive a test invite.

Thanks
Same for me. :-(

Leonardovfs

Apr 12, 2022
Hey everyone, I was asked to submit FP. The letter mentioned that I had 30 days to send it. I had my FP taken the same day and 30 days is being completed this week and I haven’t heard anything from them. Anyway I can assure they have received it?

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Hey everyone, I was asked to submit FP. The letter mentioned that I had 30 days to send it. I had my FP taken the same day and 30 days is being completed this week and I haven’t heard anything from them. Anyway I can assure they have received it?
If you have the DCN number then call 613-998-6362

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi everyone

can someone tell me that how long it will take ircc to receive my fingerprints because I called them and find out that they just post my results today with Canada post to the processing office that is Vancouver and how long it will take to see on the tracker I received the FP request on Nov 9 and submitted next day

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Thank you. My BG actually completed on October 21st.
That is very frustrating! Do you know which office is handling your application? Mine is Niagara Fall.
I’m not really a march applicant, but it seems like we are in a similar situation. I submitted April 26 and my AOR was May 06. I got a GU on Nov. 5 but have not heard anything after that. It is now 17 days after GU! A lot of people get a second GU or test invite within a few days of the GU! Also everything (including BG) is still ”in process”.

Since I’m from St. Catharines, my office is also likely Niagara Falls. Seems like this office is working very slowly, and yes, it is incredibly frustrating!

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Call your local RCMP office where you had your fingerprints taken and get your tracking code. Then call CCRTIS, and ask for your status with the tracking no. They should tell you when they sent it to IRCC if they are done.

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Thank you. I called then and it was sent to Vancouver on Nov 1st. Any idea on the timeline after they receive it?
No idea to be honest. It probably was already updated but the tracker doesn't show any updates for a lot of us. In order to confirm that with IRCC you may need to call the IRCC helpline. Alos, the 30 days is for you to provide your fingerprints and since you did there is nothing you can do, unfortunately.