+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

Baobaochlos

Oct 23, 2018
Did you send an explanation letter the second time you submit your files?
Yes I did. Explanation letter stating my passport doesnt have entry stamp I guess the officer forgot to stamp it. And I attached all the other documents for my stay before PR. I have no idea what to do. Or how to contact them to ask them exactly what can I do for them.

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Yes I did. Explanation letter stating my passport doesnt have entry stamp I guess the officer forgot to stamp it. And I attached all the other documents for my stay before PR. I have no idea what to do. Or how to contact them to ask them exactly what can I do for them.
I had the same issue with my application submitted on line. I complained via my MP’s office. I used the first arrived date that appeared on my COPR document as evidence of when I arrived in Canada. After 6 weeks of pursuing this with my MP. I got a call from IRCC Sydney. It was explained that the reason for rejection was because the IRCC agent who first reviews the physical presence cannot access CBSA entry data by passport only by PR number thus the agent is unable to confirm time in Canada prior to PR date. The person who called me from Sydney told me to resubmit and she would flag my UCI number so it would go directly to her. She apparently did have authority to access CBSA records by passport number. When I resubmitted I got an AOR back within hours. But lost all the processing time between end of Oct 2021 and end of Mar 2022. But my app is finally in process.

Baobaochlos

Oct 23, 2018
I had the same issue with my application submitted on line. I complained via my MP’s office. I used the first arrived date that appeared on my COPR document as evidence of when I arrived in Canada. After 6 weeks of pursuing this with my MP. I got a call from IRCC Sydney. It was explained that the reason for rejection was because the IRCC agent who first reviews the physical presence cannot access CBSA entry data by passport only by PR number thus the agent is unable to confirm time in Canada prior to PR date. The person who called me from Sydney told me to resubmit and she would flag my UCI number so it would go directly to her. She apparently did have authority to access CBSA records by passport number. When I resubmitted I got an AOR back within hours. But lost all the processing time between end of Oct 2021 and end of Mar 2022. But my app is finally in process.
Thank you so much!
This is really ridiculous how to they process application. If they said we can use time before PR as presence, they should make all of their agents have the authority to access our entry. This just doesn’t make any sense. I will contact my MP for that. I really appreciate your answer, it gave me an idea what is going on! Thank you so much again!!!

Reactions: snoopyta

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
My application was first submitted Oct. 29, 2021
Rejected with message “unable to confirm time in Canada prior to PR”
Resubmitted January 22, 2022 rejected with the same “unable to confirm time in Canada prior to PR”

Received a call from Sydney office that the reviewer was not authorized to use my US passport number to confirm my time out of Canada prior to PR. I was told to resubmit that my UCI number was flagged for special handling so I would get credit for time in Canada prior to PR. Hence the rapid processing between resubmission and AOR.

Physical Days: 1188.5
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: March 21, 2022
Delivered: March 21, 2022
Delivery eMail: March 21, 2022
AOR: March 21,2022

Fingerprints requested May 2, 2022
Fingerprints Submitted May 6, 2022
Would whomever updates the spreadsheet please add my information as per the above.

liketech

Jul 9, 2018
I am in a similar situation too. I was 181 days on Visitor visa, so used 90.5 days. My application was delivered by paper on Mar 31 2022, but I haven't received an AoR yet.

In two weeks, I would complete the physical presence solely based on PR days and without needing the visitor visa days. Should I resubmit the citizenship application with updated dates?

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Did you receive the “unable to verify your presence in Canada prior to your PR” ? If you did not it may just be the IRCC taking a long time to provide the AOR. It’s not unusual for the AOR to take 90 days. If you have heard from them and they have been unable to verify you time in Canada I would wait till you have sufficient days post PR date and resubmit since you are so close without the pre PR days.

liketech

Jul 9, 2018
Did you receive the “unable to verify your presence in Canada prior to your PR” ? If you did not it may just be the IRCC taking a long time to provide the AOR. It’s not unusual for the AOR to take 90 days. If you have heard from them and they have been unable to verify you time in Canada I would wait till you have sufficient days post PR date and resubmit since you are so close without the pre PR days.
Thanks. Is there a way to verify that the application somehow didn't get lost in their system. E.g. even though they received the mail, it somehow got lost before they started processing. Or they sent a rejection by mail, but it got lost in the mail.

If I raise a webform or call IRCC, would they be able to verify if they can see the application in their system (whether in process or returned)?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thanks for posting this.

this is very helpful for reference because I also read other couple of posters who were in a similar situation but none had it resolved like this.

And it really sucks that you lost 5 months due to this IRCC inability to check CBSA records.

Reactions: iceman55

Baobaochlos

Oct 23, 2018
Thanks for posting this.

this is very helpful for reference because I also read other couple of posters who were in a similar situation but none had it resolved like this.

And it really sucks that you lost 5 months due to this IRCC inability to check CBSA records.
I actually contacted my MP this morning thanks to this information. Now Im gonna send documents to their email and they told me this is the common issue.

TalhaS

Nov 24, 2019
Physical Days: 1,111
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: March 9, 2022
Delivered: March 9, 2022
AOR: April 8, 2022
In Progress: April 11, 2022

Reactions: Shayna22

Monabil

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
are we supposed to receive an email for passing background check, language ? or is it just updated in tracker without sending out emails?

Benson1

Feb 8, 2022
When I check the status of my application I see the updated date changes but nothing else changes, this has happened twice now that the updated date has changed but nothing else, everything else is still in progress. Does everybody else see / have the same happening?