+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

aac31

Jan 9, 2018
Guys, I got a request to take the citizenship test in the new status tracker, no official email though.

-------------------------------------------------
Physical Days: 1,158
Method: Paper
Applicants: Family - 02
Application sent: 4th March 2022
Delivered: 7th March 2022
AOR: 30th March 2022
In process: 30th March 2022
Background Check Complete: 3rd May 2022
Citizenship Test Request: 18th May 2022

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Guys, I got a request to take the citizenship test in the new status tracker, no official email though.

-------------------------------------------------
Physical Days: 1,158
Method: Paper
Applicants: Family - 02
Application sent: 4th March 2022
Delivered: 7th March 2022
AOR: 30th March 2022
In process: 30th March 2022
Background Check Complete: 3rd May 2022
Citizenship Test Request: 18th May 2022

The email will come 2-3 days before the start of the test. Don't forget to check your spam folder. Good luck.

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
Hello folk, did anyone receive a Test Request?
Nothing so far. My application was last updated the day after I got my AOR according to the tracker.

And I'm not sure if there would be a difference in terms of test invites timeline between paper-based and online applicants.

esse

Jun 21, 2021
Nothing so far. My application was last updated the day after I got my AOR according to the tracker.

And I'm not sure if there would be a difference in terms of test invites timeline between paper-based and online applicants.
As far as I can see from the Excel sheet, paper based applications are going faster than online ones. Most of the paper applications are family applications. I did not see many single applicants go got their BG check completed or invited for the test.

Reactions: smash1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
As far as I can see from the Excel sheet, paper based applications are going faster than online ones. Most of the paper applications are family applications. I did not see many single applicants go got their BG check completed or invited for the test.
This is what I notice, that the paper based family based applications are the ones that are moving quickly.

My application was last updated when I received my AOR.

I will be sending out my wife and 2 kids application this week. I am almost regretting sending mine 3 months earlier, Lol.

Reactions: esse

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hello everyone! I have a quick question! Originally I first submitted my citizenship application on Feb 21, 2022 via internet. However, I got an email from IRCC on March 21, 2022 saying that there was missing information - they didn't specific what was missing. But we guessed that it is something related to the physical presence calculator ( as I have stayed in Canada for 1,095 days over 5 years, so I didn't specify where I was before the first day of the 1,095 counter within the 5 years ) Therefore we suspected that it was bounced back because of this reason.

I resubmitted it right away on March 21, 2022. However, up until now (2 months from the 2nd attempt), there is no AOR received. Should I re-submit the whole application again?

Baobaochlos

Oct 23, 2018
Hello everyone,
I really need help!
I came in Canada in June 2018 as visitor visa and I stayed 18 months as visitor with OWP (Spousal sponsorship) before I became Pr in January 2020.
I used the calculator and with 1/2 day before becoming Pr made I have 9 months before Pr. Totally I have stayed in Canada for more than 1095 days.
The calculator said I meet the requirements as well. I submitted my application and it was return thr first time due to IRCC not being able to confirm my stay in Canada before PR. I resubmitted my application with supporting documents as my SIN when I was a visitor, my flight ticket, my tax file before Pr, my Owp… and they returned my application again for the same reason.
am I the problem that I think 1 day spending in Canada as visitor is counted for 1/2 day? Or any reason why they keep returning my application?
I have a hard time to contact them due to their phone centre is always busy. I dont even have yet a client number so I cant contact them by webform.
What should I do in my case? Can anyone give me an idea please?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hello everyone,
I really need help!
I came in Canada in June 2018 as visitor visa and I stayed 18 months as visitor with OWP (Spousal sponsorship) before I became Pr in January 2020.
I used the calculator and with 1/2 day before becoming Pr made I have 9 months before Pr. Totally I have stayed in Canada for more than 1095 days.
The calculator said I meet the requirements as well. I submitted my application and it was return thr first time due to IRCC not being able to confirm my stay in Canada before PR. I resubmitted my application with supporting documents as my SIN when I was a visitor, my flight ticket, my tax file before Pr, my Owp… and they returned my application again for the same reason.
am I the problem that I think 1 day spending in Canada as visitor is counted for 1/2 day? Or any reason why they keep returning my application?
I have a hard time to contact them due to their phone centre is always busy. I dont even have yet a client number so I cant contact them by webform.
What should I do in my case? Can anyone give me an idea please?

Do you use the physical calculator to count your physucal presence?

Baobaochlos

Oct 23, 2018
Do you have rent or any other proof of stay like credit card payments etc to prove you were here?

Maybe send them those?
I sent them my temporary SIN document before becoming PR, my Open work permit before PR, my flight ticket to Canada, my tax return from CRA in 2018, 2019, 2020.
I think if I submit it again, I would send them my marriage certificate which took place in Canada before I became PR.
But I just can’t understand how come they dont have any documents for my entry to Canada.
I really have no idea!
They returned it twice, I am just frustrated:(