Jan 9, 2018
Physical Days: 1,158
Method: Paper
Applicants: Family - 02
Application sent: March 4, 2022
Delivered : March 7, 2022
AOR : 30th March, 2022
In process : 30th March 2022
Background Check: Complete May 3rd 2022.

Last edited:

diogonb

Jul 19, 2014
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-05-2022
Please update the spreadsheet (row 61, diogonb).

AOR : 2nd May, 2022
In process : 4rt May, 2022

Thanks,

Naser735

Apr 16, 2018
Physical Days: 1097
Method: Paper based
Applicants: Family, 3 applicants
Application sent: March 23, 2022
Delivered: March 28, 2022
AOR: April 19, 2022
In Progress : April 25, 2022

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
My application was first submitted Oct. 29, 2021
Rejected with message “unable to confirm time in Canada prior to PR”
Resubmitted January 22, 2022 rejected with the same “unable to confirm time in Canada prior to PR”

Received a call from Sydney office that the reviewer was not authorized to use my US passport number to confirm my time out of Canada prior to PR. I was told to resubmit that my UCI number was flagged for special handling so I would get credit for time in Canada prior to PR. Hence the rapid processing between resubmission and AOR.

Physical Days: 1188.5
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: March 21, 2022
Delivered: March 21, 2022
Delivery eMail: March 21, 2022
AOR: March 21,2022

Fingerprints requested May 2, 2022
Fingerprints Submitted May 6, 2022

Reactions: smash1984

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Resubmitted January 22, 2022 rejected with the same “unable to confirm time in Canada prior to PR”

Received a call from Sydney office that the reviewer was not authorized to use my US passport number to confirm my time out of Canada prior to PR. I was told to resubmit that my UCI number was flagged for special handling so I would get credit for time in Canada prior to PR. Hence the rapid processing between resubmission and AOR.

My inProcess eCas date March 22, 2022

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018

This is crazy, I didn't know there could be restrictions on them having your info of residing in Canada prior to your becoming a PR if you were a US citizen. I hope I don't run into same issues when applying for my daughters in a couple of weeks.

Edit: Since my daughters are minors, I suppose they won't need the physical presence calculator so. hopefully they should be good.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi,

My father submitted online application on March 10, 2022. He received following message in his account -

April 08, 2022

"Hello xxxxx,

Your application for Canadian citizenship is incomplete. We cannot start processing your application for the following reasons:

Physical Presence
In our records, we cannot confirm your time in Canada before you became a permanent resident (PR)."

Now my father, for a part of his eligibility period was here in Canada on a Super Visa. We calculated 50% credit for the time he spent in Canada on a Super Visa. Which is his case was 365 days (Maximum Allowed).

How do we prove his presence in Canada before becoming a PR?
What documents should we attach to show his presence in Canada before PR?

Appreciate all responses in advance!

Thanks
IRCC should have all their information if they traveled to Canada with a SuperVisa including their client ids, any visa counterfoils on their passports, entry/exit stamps.

You just need to include as much of the details as possible including any health card/provincial ids they obtained after moving to Canada, you can obtain the passage history from CBSA, health reports/statements of benefits paid from provincial governments, rental agreements if they leased apartments, any bank account statements in their names etc. Just like an RQ.

It's weird that it was summarily rejected at the AOR stage. I would apply again including as much of these documents as possible while also adding your previous application was returned. When they accept the second application, they seem to prioritize it to compensate for time lost. Good luck!

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
I guess the long wait time now begins for us march applicants post AOR. I should stop checking my account for updates every day.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I guess the long wait time now begins for us march applicants post AOR. I should stop checking my account for updates every day.
Play the game. Test yourself, how long can you go without checking your citizenship status? I initially went from April 12th to May 5th without checking. Then checked on May 6th :mad:

Now, will try to break that streak and try to go at least 28 days without checking it. Ideal would be to not check for 4-5 months.

So, start your streak today.

Keatonkc

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Do you guys think passing the background check is a good milestone? I understand other requirements are still very important but to me, logically the background verification should be the most important step in the process. Like if we know for sure the physical presence and the language proof are good, the only thing we can’t predict is how fast we can get cleared. Just sharing my thoughts.

sachinfromNB

May 13, 2022
Physical Days: 1101
Method: paper
Applicants: Family (3 applications)
Application sent: Feb 28, 2022
Delivered: March 2, 2022
AOR: 30 Mar, 2022
Background completed: 11 May

Reactions: JASWALA

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Do you guys think passing the background check is a good milestone? I understand other requirements are still very important but to me, logically the background verification should be the most important step in the process. Like if we know for sure the physical presence and the language proof are good, the only thing we can’t predict is how fast we can get cleared. Just sharing my thoughts.
Background check is definitely important but if history is any indication, your application can be held back in any of the steps. Not to discourage, but there are folks that had long and inexplicable waittimes between DM and oath. Sometimes they suddenly start working on newer applications while older applications are still waiting.

Resource allocation within IRCC or the local office seems to be the biggest factor. There are random bursts of movement making it very hard to predict what exactly will happen. Its hard to argue the processing is based on a first in first out or shortest job first methods. Even online and paper application processing may not be in sync based on what we see in the spreadsheets. I would imagine IRCC has more siloed systems internally such as how they communicate with RCMP CRA and CBSA. Passing background definitely clears some important hurdles but the only thing we can hope for is that the application will stay in the main workflow as much as possible until the end. Its good to see IRCC updating their internal IT systems but 2020-21 backlog is probably going to remain a problem for a while and keep it unpredictable for all of us in the queue.

Reactions: Keatonkc