+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am wondering if I should opt for the digital certificate or ask for a paper one.

I have been burned by the online application, so am not sure if I should go for an electronic one.

Any advice?

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
So when you took the test, the system lets you choose an e-certificate?
More like the pdf that comes with test instructions has this section telling me that I have been selected for the e-certificate pilot program and that I should let them know if I want to go ahead with e-certificate or not.

Reactions: ppcg2510

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
you are so lucky.
How exactly? It will is going to be exactly 11 months tomorrow since I submitted my citizenship application. I haven't even written the citizenship test yet. Pilot program doesn't mean that I am getting the citizenship certificate electronically in my inbox tomorrow. They have already written that this pilot does not affect any other part of my application. Which will be ASAP (As Slow As Possible). It's the Niagara Falls office after all.

Romilpatel1

Dec 3, 2018
I gave my test today and passed with 19/20. I applied on 31st March 2022. Any idea when will be my oath or next update? Background is completed in October.

Reactions: sibnadian

vincent9909

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
How exactly? It will is going to be exactly 11 months tomorrow since I submitted my citizenship application. I haven't even written the citizenship test yet. Pilot program doesn't mean that I am getting the citizenship certificate electronically in my inbox tomorrow. They have already written that this pilot does not affect any other part of my application. Which will be ASAP (As Slow As Possible). It's the Niagara Falls office after all.
You don't have to wait slow Canada Post to deliver your certificate. You could get it as soon as you finish the oath.

Aeria

Dec 5, 2022
Same boat , test and background check is completed, physical presence , language and prohibitions still in progress
I dont even got background check completed. Just the test. I think it depends where you were born, regardless of how long have you been in Canada.

Reactions: elbob

EthanRiar90

Oct 7, 2019
Getting to the oath IS the difficult part. After that its usually just a few more days.
It all depends upon your nationality. Being a European, I didn't have to go for such issues. South Asians especially Pakistanis face more scrutiny from the immigration