Received: 24 March
AOR: 30 April
Biometric and Medical request: May 4
Sponsorship approval letter: May 7
Medical Updated in gckey portal: 22 June
Pre-arrival letter: 6 July
Biometrics Done and update in portal:21 July
VO is not mentioned in SA letter.

I got pre-arrival letter before biometric was done. It took long time for Biometrics as VFS was not providing appointments earlier. I notice that in most applications PPR is issued after very short time from Pre-arrival letter. ECAS tools shows inprogess for PR Application and GCKEY account shows background check is in progress.

Is it normal getting delayed at this point? I suspect travel restrictions(direct flights) from India delaying PPR. please anyone could advice.

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys, Here is my application timeline:

PA is in India
Application Sent: 23 March 2021

I got pre-arrival letter before biometric was done. It took long time for Biometrics as VFS was not providing appointments earlier. I notice that in most applications PPR is issued after very short time from Pre-arrival letter. ECAS tools shows inprogess for PR Application and GCKEY account shows background check is in progress.

Is it normal getting delayed at this point? I suspect travel restrictions(direct flights) from India delaying PPR. please anyone could advice.

Thanks
Yes the travel ban and vfs in India being closed for several months are a cause of delays. And now there is a large backlog which will take some time to clear.

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Hi Guys, Here is my application timeline:

PA is in India
Application Sent: 23 March 2021

Thanks
Mine is same bio done 23 july
pre arrival 9th July

after that no update

Nivedhaprasad

May 9, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have received my pre-arrival letter today. Is there anyone who has received PPR in March 2021 applicants.

Timeline:
Application received: 23rd March
VO: Mississauga

Reactions: pankaj1986

Nivedhaprasad

May 9, 2019
Its not mentioned. It says listed above visa office but nothing is mentioned there. Do I have to worried about that?
Nothing to worry about. It was the case for me as well. I had received another letter after a couple of weeks with the assigned VO.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Just wondering why you need to know where your VO is? Does it matter? Thanks
It really doesn't matter if they are working on it. Some VO's seem to process apps faster than others so having it being processed at a place that isn't where the PA is from can be an advantage. People also use it as a guage to compare their processing times to others at the same VO.

hanzi

Jul 28, 2021
It really doesn't matter if they are working on it. Some VO's seem to process apps faster than others so having it being processed at a place that isn't where the PA is from can be an advantage. People also use it as a guage to compare their processing times to others at the same VO.
Oh ok thanks! And if it isn't stated on your letter then it's probably with the Sydney office still?

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Did anyone get update
I got pre arrival on 9th July them after that no update should i call ircc?

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Did anyone get update
I got pre arrival on 9th July them after that no update should i call ircc?
Some people are waiting for more than a month and it varies from VO. You are within the normal timelines. Especially in India they are delaying the PPR due to travel ban.

Akso

May 28, 2021
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question regarding the Passport submission process in VFS Delhi, India.

My husband went for his biometrics on 12 August 2021, once it was done, he was asked to tell them which service he would like to opt for his passport submission (regular or premium) when he receive his PPR.
He wasn't sure which one to pick so he selected the normal service and they updated it in the system. So my question is - does anyone know what is the difference between both the services as in which one is better. Also, can we change it to premium service at the time we book an appointment for passport submission?
Please assist.

Thank you!

Casty

Apr 24, 2021
Hello,
My app was received on 12th March 2021
AOR=23-4-2021
Additional info required ie police certificate =29-4-2021
BGC is in progress. No update till date.
Please date read on my account shows 12-7-2021.What does it mean? Thank you