+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***March 2021 Outland Spouse Sponsorship***

Asees.singh

Jul 20, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I am a permanent resident and I'll be getting married next month, and my spouse is in India. I was wondering if anyone has applied for a visitor visa and spousal sponsorship at the same time and or they have applied for spousal sponsorship first and then after few days they have applied for a visitor visa? I went to a consultant in Surrey and he said that I shouldn't apply for visitor visa and I should only focus on spousal sponsorship as it might affect my spousal case but as we all know that spousal takes time so I was thinking if my spouse can come on visitor visa first and then I can apply for sponsorship. If anyone knows anything related to this then please reply. Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I am a permanent resident and I'll be getting married next month, and my spouse is in India. I was wondering if anyone has applied for a visitor visa and spousal sponsorship at the same time and or they have applied for spousal sponsorship first and then after few days they have applied for a visitor visa? I went to a consultant in Surrey and he said that I shouldn't apply for visitor visa and I should only focus on spousal sponsorship as it might affect my spousal case but as we all know that spousal takes time so I was thinking if my spouse can come on visitor visa first and then I can apply for sponsorship. If anyone knows anything related to this then please reply. Thanks.
Only two things can be stated with certainty:
1) Applying for TRV will not hurt the PR application.
2) 100% of those who do not apply for TRVs do not get them.

Perhaps almost as certain is that it's likely more important to make sure your sponsorship application and all related is done carefully and diligently - i.e. concentrate efforts on making sure the sponsorship application is solid.

Now for personal opinion: I think the rest - eg difference between applying just before or in precisely what order - likely does not make much difference. Chances of approval of TRV may not be high - since just married, it will be pretty obvious what's going on - but the cost of applying is about the only loss.

TRVs can take quite some time to process right now so waiting to see what happens with the TRV application may not be worth it (in terms of lost time with the PR application).

(Note: these general points may not hold for some with very different personal history situations than those described, eg couples that have been together for years)

Good luck.

Reactions: pat40

Yashp

Apr 21, 2021
File submitted on 23rd March
Delivered on 25th March
AOR1 -still waiting

anyone with same timeline?

Jeross02

Mar 12, 2021
My timeline

AR - March 5, 2021
AOR - April 12, 2021
SA - April 12, 2021
MR - April 12, 2021
New biometric not needed. PA has previously submitted biometric from previous TRV application.
Application will now be forward to VO.

Waiting game has now started!

God bless and good luck to everyone!

sandy92

May 8, 2018
My timeline

AR - March 5, 2021
AOR - April 12, 2021
SA - April 12, 2021
MR - April 12, 2021
New biometric not needed. PA has previously submitted biometric from previous TRV application.
Application will now be forward to VO.

Waiting game has now started!

God bless and good luck to everyone!
Hey just wanna ask. Did your PA get any email reagarding biometrics that they already have it or something ?
Because i am too exempt from biometrics because previous given. Thanks

Jeross02

Mar 12, 2021
Hey just wanna ask. Did your PA get any email reagarding biometrics that they already have it or something ?
Because i am too exempt from biometrics because previous given. Thanks
Hello there, we were just told by our consultant that no need to submit a new one since PA's biometric was already shown in gckey and will expire year 2030.

I saw a previous post as well that it's under special covid-19 measures that is why they are honoring biometric from trv's.

isostar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
The above group is full for Mar 2021 and Apil 2021 group link is reset. Is there any other link or group?

Last edited:

Daisy_X

Apr 14, 2021
Does anyone else have problems linking the PR application to your account? It always says there is no application found according to the information I provided.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
What is the grace period? Could you please share some details?
I do not think there is an official length of time and if they do, no one knows what it is. Some have said they got rejections over it, others say they got requests for an updated form, while still others have said that IRCC allows for the current form and one older. Some say they have a month to three months leeway, while some also say that it depends on the person that looks at your file and if they are anal enough to have an issue with it. So the short answer is that no one really knows.

I personally submitted mine in January and it had outdated forms from March, but from what I see, the only difference is the legal disclaimer at the bottom, which does not seem so important. Therefore, you are probably fine with your submission.

Reactions: isostar

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Does anyone else have problems linking the PR application to your account? It always says there is no application found according to the information I provided.
Try changing the number of people on the app to include the sponsor (Sponsor + PA + any children)