+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 Non-SDS Applicants Gather Here

Clark Hudson

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Even if it was true, we should have heard about March applicants getting approval too, but I haven't anything of sorts. All the recent approvals are from late applicants, which is totally absurd.
IRCC is giving refusals in bulk this month. I think if they wanted to reject you, they would have already done so , I think delay is positive because they will gives approval in bulk as soon as they are completely ready to welcome students

Stay positive and good luck

Reactions: RumezaJ

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
IRCC is giving refusals in bulk this month. I think if they wanted to reject you, they would have already done so , I think delay is positive because they will gives approval in bulk as soon as they are completely ready to welcome students

I don't even know what to believe anymore, but since yours is a positive information I choose to believe it.

• Haha
Reactions: Alpha_Wolf

Hilbert Space

May 7, 2021

I would like to trust this line of reasoning, but they are plenty of March/April applicants who have received their decision within the regular processing time. Also, an extended delay in processing one's application doesn't guarantee a positive decision. So there must be something wrong with our application or that academic/security screening is taking longer than usual. Obviously, it is not glaring enough to outright reject your application but something is definitely amiss.

I have already resigned and accepted the worse possible outcome. If I am to receive a refusal on August 6 or later, at least I would be better prepared for it. Anyways, Best of luck with whatever's ahead.

Clark Hudson

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I would like to trust this line of reasoning, but they are plenty of March/April applicants who have received their decision within the regular processing time. Also, an extended delay in processing one's application doesn't guarantee a positive decision. So there must be something wrong with our application or that academic/security screening is taking longer than usual. Obviously, it is not glaring enough to outright reject your application but something is definitely amiss.

I have already resigned and accepted the worse possible outcome. If I am to receive a refusal on August 6 or later, at least I would be better prepared for it. Anyways, Best of luck with whatever's ahead.
I don't know what to say...really

PoojS123

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
I raised a webform last week and received response today from IRCC (Ottawa office I think as the communication was both in French and English). The text was again quite standard but a little bit different from the response I got to the previous webform in June.

Here is what the latest one said. The highlighted parts seem to emphasize the cause of the delays. Hopefully, for those still waiting since March/April, the outcome will be positive.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
In my country (Brazil) they're working on applications from january and february... nothing yet from march, april or may
Saw you’re from Brazil so giving you some perspective. I had a friend from Brazil. She applied Feb mid and got approval in May 1st week.
Covid situation has been dynamic. So I am not sure why your application is getting so late.

Call ircc or your local embassies (or wherever the application went).

Here’s hoping....
All the best!

Reactions: maplefever

maplefever

Mar 4, 2021
Saw you’re from Brazil so giving you some perspective. I had a friend from Brazil. She applied Feb mid and got approval in May 1st week.
Covid situation has been dynamic. So I am not sure why your application is getting so late.

Call ircc or your local embassies (or wherever the application went).

Here’s hoping....
All the best!
Thank you! I've been following some groups on whatsapp, I see they are still working on last year's applications, and this year only january and february... I think they'll only start march and april's once they finalize those... unfortunately, all I can do is wait... and hope that once I get the response it'll be positive, to make up for all the waiting.. lol

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Hello everyone, need some clarification for Indian applicants.
Is there anyone here who got BVL in early May or before that and no decision after that?
If yes, did you try calling IRCC for status? Was it positive or negative. I have heard in many groups that the results on hold are positive for applicants who received BVL early May or earlier.
Kindly reply even if you have seen such timeline.