+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 Non-SDS Applicants Gather Here

sudichat

Jul 27, 2021
Hi,
I have a query regarding Non-SDS visa process. I have applied to a university for Ph.D. in Computer science (Fully-funded). The university was accepting Duolingo as a English proficiency test. Now I got the acceptance letter and I have to apply for study visa.

My question is shall I have to submit any other English proficiency test (IELTS/TOEFL) result for Visa?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 26, 2021
Hi,
I have a query regarding Non-SDS visa process. I have applied to a university for Ph.D. in Computer science (Fully-funded). The university was accepting Duolingo as a English proficiency test. Now I got the acceptance letter and I have to apply for study visa.

My question is shall I have to submit any other English proficiency test (IELTS/TOEFL) result for Visa?

Thanks in advance.
hi, I was in the same situation as you a few weeks ago.

it turns out that if you are applying non-SDS from India, they want to see only IELTS, TOEFL or PTE results. remember that PTE results will also have to be sent to IRCC through the Pearson website so they can verify it.

if you are applying from outside India, be sure to check what your country-specific visa office instructions are.

best of luck!

sudichat

Jul 27, 2021
hi, I was in the same situation as you a few weeks ago.

it turns out that if you are applying non-SDS from India, they want to see only IELTS, TOEFL or PTE results. remember that PTE results will also have to be sent to IRCC through the Pearson website so they can verify it.

if you are applying from outside India, be sure to check what your country-specific visa office instructions are.

best of luck!
Hi, Appreciate your response. As I am from India, therefore I have to go through either SDS or non-SDS. Although you have mentioned that non-SDS also need IELTS even if it is not mandatory.
Now, can I apply for non-SDS and later upload the IELTS score as there is no date available up to September mid in Hyderabad.
Also if I apply non-SDS now, will it be possible to convert to SDS after getting the desired score or apply newly for SDS?

Thanks.

EAK

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hi, Appreciate your response. As I am from India, therefore I have to go through either SDS or non-SDS. Although you have mentioned that non-SDS also need IELTS even if it is not mandatory.
Now, can I apply for non-SDS and later upload the IELTS score as there is no date available up to September mid in Hyderabad.
Also if I apply non-SDS now, will it be possible to convert to SDS after getting the desired score or apply newly for SDS?

Thanks.
Dear,

IELTS is recommended but not mandatory in non-sds. I have seen many PPRs in non-sds without IELTS.

Jul 26, 2021

Thanks.
Depends on which intake you plan to attend your program in. Assuming you’ll start classes much after Fall 2021, it’s probably better to go for IELTS and apply through SDS.

I don’t think you can convert non-SDS applications to SDS, even after receiving a test score.
If anything it’s the reverse: if you apply for SDS but don’t submit everything on the checklist, they will treat your application as non-SDS.

sudichat

Jul 27, 2021
Depends on which intake you plan to attend your program in. Assuming you’ll start classes much after Fall 2021, it’s probably better to go for IELTS and apply through SDS.

I don’t think you can convert non-SDS applications to SDS, even after receiving a test score.
If anything it’s the reverse: if you apply for SDS but don’t submit everything on the checklist, they will treat your application as non-SDS.
Thanks for the reply. My expected start date is January 2022. But there are no dates available for IELTS before mid-September, 2021 at Hyderabad, India. If I sit for IELTS in September 2021 then I am can submit SDS/Non-SDS by end of September or 1st week of October 2021. I have the confusion here only. Shall I get the visa on time or not?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Harsh2411

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
31st March 2021
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Given before applying for visa
Med's Request
Done before applying for the visa
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
5th August 2021
VISA ISSUED...
No
Has anyone non SDS got PPR today?

Adityan92

Jun 28, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Two people I know who had applied via non-SDS in March and April beginning got PPR. I really don't understand why are they scrutinizing non-sds applications so much. 4 months is an insane amount of time.

sourabh0397

Star Member
May 15, 2021
Two people I know who had applied via non-SDS in March and April beginning got PPR. I really don't understand why are they scrutinizing non-sds applications so much. 4 months is an insane amount of time.
I think their defence would be that non sds has much more documentation compared to sds but 4 weeks wait duration is just ludicrous. Personally I keep faltering, im taking online classes and i lost track of a lot of course content. I thought i could compose myself and keep it cool but this is just getting under my nerves.

Adityan92

Jun 28, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I think their defense would be that non-sds has much more documentation compared to sds but 4 weeks wait duration is just ludicrous. Personally, I keep faltering, im taking online classes and i lost track of a lot of course content. I thought i could compose myself and keep it cool but this is just getting under my nerves. What a shit show Man.
Yeah, but you still need to attach other documents as part of your SOP. I applied on June 10, 2021, If I see the trajectory, I will get mine only next year lol. But in all seriousness, the system is quite skewed in favoring SDS over Non-SDS. It's okay to go with SDS where you are going for not so expensive courses, but expensive ones, its gonna be a problem. I have a feeling too I will get mine only after my studies start. It's fucked up.

sourabh0397

Star Member
May 15, 2021
Yeah, but you still need to attach other documents as part of your SOP. I applied on June 10, 2021, If I see the trajectory, I will get mine only next year lol. But in all seriousness, the system is quite skewed in favoring SDS over Non-SDS. It's okay to go with SDS where you are going for not so expensive courses, but expensive ones, its gonna be a problem. I have a feeling too I will get mine only after my studies start. It's fucked up.
You just described a Canadian study permit dystopia lol, it sucks i feel you but i dont think it will be as bad as it was, the last few terms. Looks like they are giving out decisions to everyone, even the files which were stuck from a year. So i dont think it will take you that long, we just have to keep hoping like we did the past few weeks. I think they mentioned in one of their webnairs that from 7th september canada will be fully open for travel, so i think they will finalise study permits before September.

Reactions: MZHSECA and 38bxiy

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
Here SDS applicant waiting for 5 months and still waiting.
I really don't understand why are they scrutinizing non-sds applications so much. 4 months is an insane amount of time.