+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2021 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Jess192

May 27, 2021
I have a question about linking the app to my account. I tried to do it after receiving my AOR and app number however no matter what I put in, it says it’s unable to find my application. Does anybody know why this might be happening?

vero9000

Mar 3, 2021
I have a question about linking the app to my account. I tried to do it after receiving my AOR and app number however no matter what I put in, it says it’s unable to find my application. Does anybody know why this might be happening?
Do you have a representative? If so you can't link it. If not, make sure you put 2 people (extra for dependents if any)

Jess192

May 27, 2021
Do you have a representative? If so you can't link it. If not, make sure you put 2 people (extra for dependents if any)
No, my partner sent the application but I don’t have a representative. I’m not sure if I should put my last name or his when trying to link the application

also, if I can’t link my application where would I get notifications for medical and other things?

Last edited:

vero9000

Mar 3, 2021
No, my partner sent the application but I don’t have a representative. I’m not sure if I should put my last name or his when trying to link the application

also, if I can’t link my application where would I get notifications for medical and other things?
it should be done with PA's name I believe. you'll get medical request etc. via email

Schuffi

Jan 22, 2021
Thank you!
I just got my biometrics request, about a week after receiving AOR
yes my wife as PA has her application linked and she got an email to say there was a message. Logged on and its instruction to get a medical exam

Jess192

May 27, 2021
yes my wife as PA has her application linked and she got an email to say there was a message. Logged on and its instruction to get a medical exam
It’s great to hear things are starting to move for most people! Hopefully it’ll keep going like this.

Jess192

May 27, 2021
If this has the title "Reminder" then its just the reminder indicating if you haven't submitted already, do so now. If it has a date specified and has wordings like "we need your medical results" then its instruction letter.

I received similar kind of thing yesterday and turned out it was just a reminder, I got my status updated as and "Medicals passed" today. I think they are considering older medical results basis following exemption:

When to get your medical exam
In-Canada permanent residence applicants
You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if
  • you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
If you’ve already completed an IME and are applying for permanent residence, make sure you provide an IME number (or unique medical identifier number) from your previous medical exam in your application.
Learn more about the temporary public policy, which is in effect until December 28, 2021.
Read the instruction guide for your program to find out if you need a medical exam and when to get it.

(Source Link- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html#long)
So I just saw on my account that it says medical passed. I didn’t do the medical exam since getting my AOR, but I had to do one the first time I came to Toronto 3 years ago. Is that why? They are using older ones as valid?

vero9000

Mar 3, 2021

SAgeeki

Apr 14, 2021
So I just saw on my account that it says medical passed. I didn’t do the medical exam since getting my AOR, but I had to do one the first time I came to Toronto 3 years ago. Is that why? They are using older ones as valid?
I believe so. Because I also had medical results a little older than 1 year and I also got "medical passed" status updated without going for any examinations.