+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

ranameraj

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For both our applications (myself and my wife), BG was se to Completed as of August 18th, and since then there is no progress, no test invite email, nothing. Should I keep waiting or contact IRCC? I guess its still a little early to contact them? Also does a Completed BG check means that there won't be any FP request for both of us?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Any guesses on how much a fingerprint request delays the process? Assuming the prints are submitted immediately?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
For both our applications (myself and my wife), BG was se to Completed as of August 18th, and since then there is no progress, no test invite email, nothing. Should I keep waiting or contact IRCC? I guess its still a little early to contact them? Also does a Completed BG check means that there won't be any FP request for both of us?
If BG is completed you won't be required to provide FP. Paper applications are taking longer and timing also varies in your local office processing the applications. Three of my family members have had BG completed since June 11 and mine was completed on Aug 19, we have not received the test invitation yet.

Reactions: ranameraj

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi,

Spreadsheet updated wrong, please see my detail as below:

Online Application sent: 25.March.2021
Received App: 25.March.2021
AOR:18.Aug.2021
In Progress: 19.Aug.2021
Ghost Update:5.Oct.2021
BG Completed:8.Oct.2021
Dashboard Updates: 11.Oct.2021
I have updated the BG completion date in the notes section.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Any guesses on how much a fingerprint request delays the process? Assuming the prints are submitted immediately?
I saw the change in Dashboard requesting FP on July 27, received email from Vancouver office on July 28 and did FP on July 29. Fingerprints were received on Aug 18 and BG showed as completed on Aug 19. Since then I haven't seen any other updates. Timing varies in the local office processing your application. Online applicants are moving faster than paper.

Reactions: 21Goose

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I saw the change in Dashboard requesting FP on July 27, received email from Vancouver office on July 28 and did FP on July 29. Fingerprints were received on Aug 18 and BG showed as completed on Aug 19. Since then I haven't seen any other updates. Timing varies in the local office processing your application. Online applicants are moving faster than paper.
Thank you, I appreciate the detailed answer.

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
My fiance and I have both been scheduled for the citizenship test between Oct 19 to Nov 8. This was posted in the tracker in Oct 14. We both applied online as the spreadsheet shows.

However, we did not get an email with the test link. Should it come immediately or just a few days before the official window for the test opens up?

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My fiance and I have both been scheduled for the citizenship test between Oct 19 to Nov 8. This was posted in the tracker in Oct 14. We both applied online as the spreadsheet shows.

However, we did not get an email with the test link. Should it come immediately or just a few days before the official window for the test opens up?
It arrives a day or two before the test window.

Reactions: Fpm800

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015

I have updated the spreadsheet!!! You will receive the test invite a couple of days before the start test window.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for your response. I have checked the email but could not find any DN. Is it possible mine is different or am I just missing something?
This is the email address I have for Calgary :

However someone in the September 2020 thread received the test invite from a different email address "DN PNT CIT Scheduling"

Or maybe they have a different email address for online applicants, can you share the email address from where you received the test invite?

Thanks

skinny123

Jan 18, 2018
This is the email address I have for Calgary :

However someone in the September 2020 thread received the test invite from a different email address "DN PNT CIT Scheduling"

Or maybe they have a different email address for online applicants, can you share the email address from where you received the test invite?

Thanks
My email came from this email address: IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca I guess its different for online applications