+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Not for me.
What happened was that I got the tracker saying the test was scheduled about a week before the test invite was actually sent.
But receiving the invite did not change anything in the tracker, no.
Interesting. But I guess you can atleast figure out from the tracker dashboard if you missed out on the email. Right?

fkbrun

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
I passed the test yesterday, and today the status in the tracker changed to Completed.
When should I expect the interview invitation? Does everyone get an interview?

Spreadsheet admin: For us that applied online, would It be possible to complete the “in process ecas” column in the spreadsheet with the date we were able to see as in progress in the new tracker, since our applications don’t show in ecas? If so, mine was available on August 19th.

Reactions: mpreetsingh

nc_positiveguy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
So here's another question as I am prepping and getting ready for my citizenship test. I know that it is a timed test (I think 30 mins for 20 questions!). Any one who has appeared for the online version can confirm if there is a time limit to answer each question as well?

Is there a timer for each question or only a timer for the total duration.

Regards,
NC

fkbrun

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
So here's another question as I am prepping and getting ready for my citizenship test. I know that it is a timed test (I think 30 mins for 20 questions!). Any one who has appeared for the online version can confirm if there is a time limit to answer each question as well?

Is there a timer for each question or only a timer for the total duration.

Regards,
NC
I do not remember seeing a timer for each specific question.
From a technical point of view, it would kind of silly to have one timer per question which would be reactivated each time you go back to a question (because you can mark the questions for review later).
I’d say it’s 30 minutes for the whole test, regardless of the time per question.

besides, it shouldn’t take too long. Mine was done in about 5 minutes.

Fpm800

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Hi, if possible please update the spreadsheet to show that my fiance's application also showed background cleared on October 4th. She also didn't receive an email.

Is not receiving an email regarding the background being completed normal? We have both been receiving all other emails though.

Reactions: mpreetsingh

bunutu

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hi, if possible please update the spreadsheet to show that my fiance's application also showed background cleared on October 4th. She also didn't receive an email.

Is not receiving an email regarding the background being completed normal? We have both been receiving all other emails though.
It is normal. You will not get any email for the background check.

Reactions: Fpm800

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my wife got a fingerprint request ... it looks like the request came from the Vancouver office though we are based in Windsor .. is that normal ??

Reactions: alexo21

alexo21

Mar 5, 2021
my wife got a fingerprint request ... it looks like the request came from the Vancouver office though we are based in Windsor .. is that normal ??
Yes, I am in the same boat where I got FP from Vancouver office, seems they want Commissionaires to get some business as a lot of windsor applicants are asked for FPs recently.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I am in the same boat where I got FP from Vancouver office, seems they want Commissionaires to get some business as a lot of windsor applicants are asked for FPs recently.
How long it takes from ghost update on new ECAS to get the finger print is it takes 8 weeks or it is coming on the spot ?

fkbrun

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

what is the test interview step on the spreadsheet? I did not get any invitation, I just passed the test this week - and the status was updated to Completed in the tracker, but no interview was requested.

Should I expect any other steps until the oath invitation?

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah seems like , but getting a request from the Vancouver office is strange ... shouldn't the file be handled by a local office in Windsor Ontario.