March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
You won't see any changes in the tracker until you application has been approved that is normal.
Hi Strongfaith42,

Can you please update our details in the online tracker sheet:

App received: 18 March 2021 (paper application - family of 4)
AOR: 8 July 2021
In Progress (old ECAS): 25 August 2021
Background verification completed: 27 Aug 2021

Thank you!

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
just Passed the citizenship test , 19/20

was very tricky :(

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
just Passed the citizenship test , 19/20

was very tricky :(
Congrats on passing your test. But, it's surprising that the test was tricky. Generally, the test is pretty easy and straightforward right as far as I've heard. So what did they ask and why did you find it tricky? Did they ask a lot of dates?

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Yo do know that you signed a confidentiality agreement that forbids talking about the test?
thanks for reminding me , yes i do know .

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi Strongfaith42,

Can you please update our details in the online tracker sheet:

App received: 18 March 2021 (paper application - family of 4)
AOR: 8 July 2021
In Progress (old ECAS): 25 August 2021
Background verification completed: 27 Aug 2021

Thank you!
Thanks for the update. This has been updated in the spreadsheet!

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
Hi StrongFaith42,
I just completed my citizenship test on 05 Sep. AOR in June 22, 2021, application received 25 March 2021. When do you think the oath ceremony would be for me? Also , would you know about processing timeline for Indian passport renewal? I live in London, Ontario. My Indian passport will expire in April 2022. Will the oath ceremony need my original Indian passport to be shown on screen/in person? Should I renew my Indian passport while waiting for my oath ceremony? Thanks for your help!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi StrongFaith42,
I just completed my citizenship test on 05 Sep. AOR in June 22, 2021, application received 25 March 2021. When do you think the oath ceremony would be for me? Also , would you know about processing timeline for Indian passport renewal? I live in London, Ontario. My Indian passport will expire in April 2022. Will the oath ceremony need my original Indian passport to be shown on screen/in person? Should I renew my Indian passport while waiting for my oath ceremony? Thanks for your help!
Sorry I don't have an answer to your questions. London seems to be a bit quiet these days in regards to Oath, but every case is different, so you could be doing our Oath in two - 12 months, it all depends in your local office. I can't answer your questions either about the Indian passport, if you have to travel then probably renewing is your best option, I don't think it will be a problem if it expires during this time until oath.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Sorry I don't have an answer to your questions. London seems to be a bit quiet these days in regards to Oath, but every case is different, so you could be doing our Oath in two - 12 months, it all depends in your local office. I can't answer your questions either about the Indian passport, if you have to travel then probably renewing is your best option, I don't think it will be a problem if it expires during this time until oath.
Do you know the progress of Montreal office in inviting people for oath? When I looked at the 2020 spreadsheet, I got shocked, Jan/Feb 2020 applicants invited for oath recently. But those guys got invitation for citizenship test in March. So I am estimating around 5 months. But again IRCC has the Afghan Refugee work going on so not sure. I still feel we all should hear in 5 to 6 months max.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Do you know the progress of Montreal office in inviting people for oath? When I looked at the 2020 spreadsheet, I got shocked, Jan/Feb 2020 applicants invited for oath recently. But those guys got invitation for citizenship test in March. So I am estimating around 5 months. But again IRCC has the Afghan Refugee work going on so not sure. I still feel we all should hear in 5 to 6 months max.
Yeah, it appears that there is movement in Montreal in regards to Test invites including applicants from 2021 have received those, but Oath invites seem to be stuck at April 2020 applicants, so it could be 12 to 18 months. :(

Reactions: vigneshwaran

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
How fast is the Ottawa office to issue tests invitation?
The last movement from IP to test in the 2020 spreadsheet was in April 2020, there was one in 2021 but it was an urgent application, therefore, it could also take 6-12 months to get a test invite. Remember that this is the information in the spreadsheets, if people is not updating their progress, then the information could be skewed, let's keep expecting a miracle and praying that IRCC will hire more employees to help clearing the backlog.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1081870630

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1081870630

GG07

May 3, 2019
The last movement from IP to test in the 2020 spreadsheet was in April 2020, there was one in 2021 but it was an urgent application, therefore, it could also take 6-12 months to get a test invite. Remember that this is the information in the spreadsheets, if people is not updating their progress, then the information could be skewed, let's keep expecting a miracle and praying that IRCC will hire more employees to help clearing the backlog.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1081870630

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=1081870630
wow :(

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hi every one I have one question
During my application my Pakistani passport expired in this month so I submit renewed passport from web form so they sent me email after one month what does it mean did they receive my passport?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

Enquiries about applications

Even if you haven’t heard from us recently, your application remains in process. You don’t need to do anything else at this time. We’ll contact you if we need more information. You can also check the status of your application online.

We strongly invite you to use the available self-serve options that might be helpful to you on IRCC’s website including:

· Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada