+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Citizenship Test Invite: Sept 1, 2021
Test Dates: Sept 10 - Sept 30

Quick Question: Do I need to book a slot or just sign in on the link provided and finish the test anytime between those dates?
No you don't need to book a slot, you can take the test anytime from the range they gave you, you will receive the test invitation email 1 or 2 days before the start date, try not to leave it until last minute as some applicants have had technical issues, therefore better to do it as quick as possible. Good Luck

Reactions: kuldeepklu

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
on an average, how much time is it taking to receive the test invite after you receive your AOR?
It varies by IRCC office, if you check in the spreadsheet, "Location by month" tab, you can get a sense of average days between IP to test, some locations are sending test invites within weeks after IP and some others are months. I am a Calgary applicant, my office is taking more than 6 months after IP to send test invites.

Reactions: hsbmovic

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
It varies by IRCC office, if you check in the spreadsheet, "Location by month" tab, you can get a sense of average days between IP to test, some locations are sending test invites within weeks after IP and some others are months. I am a Calgary applicant, my office is taking more than 6 months after IP to send test invites.
thanks for this information

JBZZS

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already send it through email.
Did you just scanned your passport (all pages) and emailed to IRCC or did you first print it, translate any stamps (if any stamp is not in English or French) and then scanned back and emailed them?

JBZZS

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send it as soon as possible, this is good progress in your application, is moving quick. Did they ask to submit by mail or email and you will probably need to translate all the stamps that are not in English or French.
Do we need to translate? It used be the old process while sending passport copies by mail.

Those who have received IRCC notice to submit passport copies, did they ask to send passport copies by email or by mail? And is there any instruction mentioned about translating the pages with non-English or non-French stamps?

jaylee14

Aug 13, 2021
Hi all, just for an update, I have completed the test and passed (20/20). However the status website still says citizenship test is still waiting on me and shows in progress. Does it take some time to get updated? Thank you

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Do we need to translate? It used be the old process while sending passport copies by mail.

Those who have received IRCC notice to submit passport copies, did they ask to send passport copies by email or by mail? And is there any instruction mentioned about translating the pages with non-English or non-French stamps?
For what I have seen in other threads, it varies by location as well, some are requesting to send the passport color copies by email and some by mail. Some are asked to translate all travel documents and stamps that are not in English or French. Every single case is different and not all applicants have to go through this step, it is only if IRCC is not able to verify your physical presence with the documents that you have already provided.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi all, just for an update, I have completed the test and passed (20/20). However the status website still says citizenship test is still waiting on me and shows in progress. Does it take some time to get updated? Thank you
It appears that it could take from 2 days, weeks or months, everything varies by your local office.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Is there a way to check which local office are we assigned to?
Have you requested GCMS notes (ATIP)? you can find that information in the notes, if not for now, as you haven't received test invite we can only guess that your local office is Toronto, which is not that bad, there is one Toronto applicant in March 2021 that BG was completed on July 12, 2021 and received test invite on Aug 25, 2021, at least there is some movement there.

You can request your GCMS in the link provided in my signature, it is free.

Hope this helps!!!

Reactions: nc_positiveguy

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long it takes from BG completed to the other step ? Is it test invite ? How long it takes

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
is test done through simple web URL with multiple choice questions?