+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Just to confirm, you are downloading by clicking "Save target as" & then saving on computer?
There are only two options available while saving to desktop “saving as Adobe Acrobat Document and All files”. None other option available. It’s getting saved but as unopened document. Would it be related to changing Adobe reader?

rohitkadam

Feb 13, 2017
Hello All,

I am finding in this forum that there is a way for applying citizenship online. Has anybody successfully received citizenship after applying online?
How do we verify if the online application link is truly from CIC ? I cannot get to the same page of online application from Original CIC page.
How do we verify if the online application link is genuine ?
Thanks.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am finding in this forum that there is a way for applying citizenship online. Has anybody successfully received citizenship after applying online?
How do we verify if the online application link is truly from CIC ? I cannot get to the same page of online application from Original CIC page.
How do we verify if the online application link is genuine ?
Thanks.
Some of those who applied online in December got AOR & tests invites.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Can we use PR card and health card for this purpose? in my case I will use PR card and my Driving liscense. But for my wife since she does not have DL, can I use PR card and her health card? Pls suggest.
yes Health card is a valid id

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks. Tried to download and then opening it, not working.Even though the form itself isn’t getting downloaded. it remains on “opening mode“.I do have “Acrobat Reader DC” on my desktop, Guess it’s a newer version.
go to the forms and do a right click- save target as ( whther MAc or Windows) and then open it

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Okay, do we how do we get to this page from the Main CIC webpage?
i get your concern and i had the same(whether this is a genuine website) when i wanted to apply online. I believe they have a created a separate portal for this. if you google this, you would find the link and it looks genuine because when you create your login id, it directs you to cic site( check the link when it is re-directed).

Seems some form of pilot program they are running to check the efficiency and we are their test subjects. I somewhat believe that online applications would be processed faster than paper. Just my gut feeling.

rohitkadam

Feb 13, 2017

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand we have the link, but how to get to this link from CIC main webpage: Immigration and citizenship - Canada.ca ?
If such link to apply online exists then why hasn't CIC mentioned it on its main page just like it does for paper application or online PR application, etc.
A long discussion on this topic has happened in December 2020 Online application thread.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
I understand we have the link, but how to get to this link from CIC main webpage: Immigration and citizenship - Canada.ca ?
If such link to apply online exists then why hasn't CIC mentioned it on its main page just like it does for paper application or online PR application, etc.
i get your concern and i had the same(whether this is a genuine website) when i wanted to apply online. I believe they have a created a separate portal for this. if you google this, you would find the link and it looks genuine because when you create your login id, it directs you to cic site( check the link when it is re-directed).

i Submitted online and the way they collected fees and addressed my concerns seems genuine. Even the transaction particulars seemed genuine. If you are so skeptical about this, i would recommend you proceed with a paper application. ' Clear mind is a Healthy mind'

Seems some form of pilot program they are running to check the efficiency and we are their test subjects. I somewhat believe that online applications would be processed faster than paper. Just my gut feeling.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
A long discussion on this topic has happened in December 2020 Online application thread.
its totally a separate portal for online application. The only way to make sure its genuine is that your login( which you created within online application) should work on cic website. I hope this makes sense

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hey Guys, I’m unable to download the application package as it’s responding “your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document“. please advice If anyone else have gone through this?
Try opening it with a different browser, I got that error when using Google Chrome, I was able to download and open the forms with Microsoft Edge. Hope it works