+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2021 - Citizenship applications

Aliciaseamber

May 15, 2021
Hello. I applied online March 1st and still no AOR. I checked the application time line and they're now working on March 8th week. It's so odd that they're on a different week and I still didn't receive anything. I am seeing ppl receiving their AOR from paper application. I thought online would of bee faster.

Reactions: r4rameezraja

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hello. I applied online March 1st and still no AOR. I checked the application time line and they're now working on March 8th week. It's so odd that they're on a different week and I still didn't receive anything. I am seeing ppl receiving their AOR from paper application. I thought online would of bee faster.
March 8 for online?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Physical Presence Days: 1691
Application: Single (Online)
Application sent: February 28, 2021
Delivered: February 28, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: March 01, 2016 to February 28,2021
AOR:

Please add me to the list!
I added you to the February tab, here it is the link to the February 2021 thread, that way you can chat with applicants from the same month! https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2021-citizenship-applications.720268/page-40

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Those of you who applied ONLINE since January 2021 and have not yet received the AOR think that they are not processing all the applications that they receive online because the website still says “Random Applications will be selected “

A new online citizenship application (e-app) is now available for some randomly selected applicants.

We

If you’ve already applied on paper, do not apply online.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi any one who submitted appear application in April received there AOR ?

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
CBC news Summary
The number of applications stuck at the testing and interview stage is just over 102,322 as per Jan 2021 records (equivalent to population of a mid-size city in Canada ! ). 75-80% or more of these applications are stuck there for over 13+ month period as per IRCCs own figures (snapshot). This means that they have already surpassed the 12-month normal processing timeline and some more.
Even after the test invites are sent out to its maximum technical limit set by IRCC i.e., 2500/week or 10,000 per month this means that to tackle the backlog it will take further 10 months (~1 year) = (102,322 applications) / (10,000 invites). And we already know that new files are still coming in at Pre-Covid level during this time which is increasing this bubble rapidly. Also, it is already stated that IRCC domestic network employees are stretched thin between holding oath ceremonies and adjudicating some of the test invites and post-test verification & interviews which is proving to be more resource intensive, and they are working from home like most other organizations. All these factors have slowed down the process substantially. So, we are not even sure if the already low maximum test invite target is being achieved or not.
Inception of all these online initiatives by IRCC have not yet really solved the problems but just displaced them. The chokepoints remain in form of lack of human resource, technical bandwidth, sense of responsibility and accountability.
If the test invites are limited at 2500/week how do tens of local offices throughout Canada distribute these invites to match this total? How come some local offices are handling mid to late 2020 files (empirical evidence) while others are stuck at early 2019 applications. What possibly can justify that applicants who got their in-person test invites cancelled back in March 2020 - the first inline are still waiting while files as fresh as 3-6months are getting tests (no offence to anyone – just want to highlight institutional discrepancy). Where is any accountability and resource planning from IRCC? How since January 2021 IRCC website tracking is stating that 80% of the applications completed are from Jan-April 2019. Is this not the timeline bracket that should have mostly been sorted out before the March 2020 lockdown?
The point is not a right vs privilege debate, or a lecture on patience, we all know that eventually we will get through this, there is no doubt about it, but When? 2 years later? What is missing here is not an issue with a single test/oath invite but an institutional strategy that acknowledges and own this problem and realize that these are paid applicants who are now entering 2nd or third year of their applications. Upon querying to IRCC they are dismissively told to be patient while the truth is that notes acquired through access to information act reveals that there files were not touched for months upon months collecting dirt.
We repeat, This can only be rectified by a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and resource planning. Else citizenship grant process in Canada will remain a nightmare for current and future applicants for YEARS. Cannot see this happening in any other organization that cares about its clients (in this case future Canadians!

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi any one who submitted appear application in April received there AOR ?

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks sting faith , pls let me know if this happen , as you know my application was returned 2 times with no valid reason

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Physical Presence Days: 1691
Application: Single (Online)
Application sent: February 28, 2021
Delivered: February 28, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: March 01, 2016 to February 28,2021
AOR:

Please add me to the list!
You have been added to the 2021 March spreadsheet!

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Hey everyone,

I just saw I had to create an IRCC account to check my application status. I'm guessing there's a few changes.

My application now says

Updated May 4, 2021
Language Skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Background verification: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship test: Not started
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

Application history:
May 3: Application filed.

Not sure if this requires an update on our tracker meaning it's "In Process ecas"

Or im just getting ahead of myself.